Will a Size 4 Gauge Close Up to a Size 10 Gauge?

Okay, so I want to stretch my ears to a size 4 gauge. I have had my ears at a 10 gauge before, at which size I could easily wear normal size earrings in it. I know that a size 4 gauge would not fully size down to a size 18 gauge, but I'm wondering if I were to properly, carefully, and slowly stretch my ears up to a size 4 gauge, would it shrink down to a 10 gauge if I took out the stretchers? I understand it wouldn't look like a normal piercing.

Gauge issue and earlobes

+1

I have treated some enormous ear gauge holes on patients that wanted to have a "normal" earlobe again. While the ear can be restored to a more "normal" appearance, it is not a good idea to stretch them out.

Ear Lobe Gauge Concerns

+1

Thank you for the question, but it is not possible to accurately predict exactly how the skin/tissues will “shrink down”.  My words of caution,  having “closed"  many earlobe piercings that were too large for patients,  would be not to overdo the stretching…

Ear Gage's

+1

You will only know when you try it.  If all else fails, you can always have the holes closed and start again from scratch!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD