2 Weeks Post Op Full Tummy Tuck W/ M/R, Do I Need ANOTHER Revision? Very Unhappy with Results!

I had a full t/t 2 weeks ago, and my Dr. has told me that this is the best it will get. My results are MARGINALLY better, I have seen women with considerably worse pre op skin, and better results. Was my Dr. too conservative with his approach? As my belly is VERY droopy above my belly button, and still LOOKS less than appealing. I am very unhappy and frustrated, yet my Dr.'s opinion is that if it's better than before it's 'good enough.' Am I overly critical?Thank you in advance for your time!

Update: Please see photos posted here.

+1

At 2 weeks, you are not seeing the final result.  Give yourself 3 to 6 months and then assess about revision.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

2 weeks out from a tummy tuck

+1

is way to soon to decide how your end results will be.  But if your surgeon is telling you its 'good enough', it would certainly undermine my confidence in him/her as to what their own personal expectations of themselves are.  Know your doctor's revision policy and exercise it if you must, but your doctor must also be able to appreciate the problem that you perceive. before any improvements will be made.

Curtis Wong, MD

Not happy with the result of an abdominoplasty

+1

Sorry that you are not ecstatic about your result.  You are still early after your surgery.  It is possible that things will change over the next 6 months.   Photos would be helpful if you want further information.