Can monsplasty and pelvic prolapse repair (cystocele, rectocle and hysterectomy) surgeries be combined?

I am 47 years and 4 years post circumferential belt lipectomy with no other health problems. The large and sagging mons pubis negatively affects urination, hygiene, sexual function, and comfort in clothes.

Monsplasty procedure combined

+2
These procedures can definitely be combined. A monsplasty is a common procedure to request after a significant weight loss. best of luck.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Monsplasty and pelvic prolapse repaire

+2

It is possible to do both at the same time. Unfortunately, most surgeons are not skilled in monsplasty. You will need a urogynecologist for the vaginal surgery and a plastic surgeon for the monsplasty. I have published on monsplasty in the plastic surgical literature.

Gary J. Alter, MD

Combining hysterectomy, cystocoele, and rectocoele with monsplasty is an excellent choice

+1

Performing a monsplaty will actually tend to augment the functional result of your cystocoele and rectocoele. I believe it should be an integral part of the pre-op analysis of all such procedures, and should be done whenever indicated.

John Cassel, MD

Monsplasty and Pelvic Prolapse repair combination

+1

Indeed these two operations can be performed at the same time provided the patient is otherwise healthy for surgery. I commonly team up with a gynecologist colleague for this combination of surgeries when presented to my office a half a dozen times or so per year. Glad to help...

Ryan Stanton, MD