Mons pubis reduction?

I'm seventeen and I've always been relatively/fit, and struggled with a large mons pubis area my entire life. I can't wear fitted skirts or dresses because it looks like I'm packing. I know I can get this fixed cosmetically but I need details. How much would it cost me and what procedures would I under go?

Mons Pubis Reduction

+1
Mons pubis reduction can usually be addressed well with liposuction. The cost is between 3000-3500$. It can usually be done under local anesthesia, but you should have someone drive you to your appointment. Most importantly. Get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon before having any surgery, Good Luck.

Mons pubis liposuction runs roughly$3000

+1
Liposuction of the mons pubis does really well and is easy to undergo under local anesthesia for roughly $2500 +$750 op room= $3250.  You can drive yourself to and from the procedure and go to work in 1 day. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

17 and Needs Mons Pubis Reduction

+1
To have that question personally answered for yourself you would need to be examined by a board-certified plastic surgeon. Women who need mons pubis reduction are treated either with surgery or liposuction.  Women having a tummy tuck may have descent and or enlargement of the mons pubis. This is corrected by lifting and reducing the prominence of the mons during the tummy tuck, either by liposuction, suspension, a combination of the two, or in more difficult situations, by removing a wedge of excess tissue under the mons.  For a patient who does not need a tummy tuck and just wants flattening of the mons, liposuction is a good option. It can be done in the office operating room under local, tumescent anesthesia, and is relatively inexpensive.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Mons pubis reduction?

+1
Thank you for the question. Much of which procedure will achieve your goals will depend on your physical examination. Best place to start would be with in person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons. Options, depending on your physical examination, will likely be liposuction surgery and/or excision of “redundant” skin. The size, position, shape, of the mons pubis will need to be taken into consideration. Factors such as skin elasticity will also need to be considered.
Again, best to seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. Best wishes.

Lipo

+1

Liposuction can be done and remove all the fat cells that make it look packed. The price does vary from patient to patient but it can be between 3000-3500.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Mons fullness often can be liposuctioned

+1
Dear Jen821,

Given your age and your description of your fitness level I suspect liposuction alone would be all that you would need.  The ballpark cost of a small area of liposuction including surgeons fee, anesthesia, and operating room cost would be about 3-5K.  This price could be lowered if the procedure were to be performed under local anesthesia.  If you have excess skin in the mons area this can also be corrected through a  tightening procedure.  This could be done alone or in combination with a liposuction procedure.  You will need to wear a compression garment for about 2-4 weeks and you should expect some swelling and bruising in that area as well as in the labia area.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Mons Pubis Liposuction

+1
Appearance of the mons pubis (area just above the genitals) is important to both men and women. Contouring in this region in the younger patient is most always done with just liposuction. When only the mons is involved the operation can often be done in the office and often with just a local anesthesia with oral sedation (pills to relax you). This helps keep down the cost  by not having a hospital or anesthesia fee. Older women or those who have had children will most often need the skin tightened either through a full or mini tummy tuck as well as liposuction when necessary. It is best to find a certified plastic surgeon in your area, have a consultation and discuss fees with them.

William LoVerme, MD

Mons Pubis Reduction

+1
That’s a wonderful question!

You’re absolutely right; this is an area of significant frustration with many of my patients. To answer your question specifically, the variability in pricing is a point of confusion for many patients. It all boils down to the surgeon’s exam and the solution elected for your specific situation. In some cases it’s liposuction alone, and in others in can involve removing some excess skin as well.

In order to simplify things, it’s easiest to make sure you understand what the OVERALL cost of the procedure is, and what precisely it includes in terms of cost and expertise in your geographical region. It should absolutely be all-inclusive, and the most influential factors include,

• Is this an actual Plastic Surgeon performing the operation?
  • Is the plastic surgeon Fellowship Trained specifically in aesthetic plastic surgery?
  • Does the surgeon hold privileges at a local hospital, as a Plastic Surgeon?
  • Where will the surgery be performed? Hospital or certified outpatient surgery center?
  • What type of anesthesia will be used? General versus local anesthesia?

Choose your surgeon based NOT only on price, but whether you feel he would truly walk you thru the process and can achieve your long-term aesthetic goals. Also, it is not unreasonable to ask to speak to prior patients, visit the surgical facility, and see before and after photos.

You should also keep in mind that your choice of plastic surgery practice and surgeon, should also be a long-term choice. Chances are that you may want further services for yourself, family, and friends and want to establish a place where you become a member of the family. So be sure you love the staff, and the overall feel of the office. This should be a long-term investment in your future.

Carlos O. Chacon, MD, MBA

Prominent Mons Pubis

+1
Liposuction is usually all that is required if there is no loose skin.  Without a photo it is impossible to tell for sure though.  Your best bet for the most accurate advise is an in person consultation.  Many plastic surgeons, including myself, offer complimentatry consultations.  Be sure and bring a parent or gaurdian with you if you are still under 18 at the time of your consultation. 

Luis H. Macias, MD

Mons pubis reduction?

+1
At your age, unless you have had a pregnancy, liposuction alone should be all that's required. Pricing varies so much around the country that to get any realistic quote you need to call a local surgeon.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD