If I Have my Mons Pubis Lipo'd, Will my Labia Minira Be More Prominent and Stick out More?

I am scheduled for lipo of the mons pubis in August. Was originally going to both the lipo and labiaplasty but when I heard of the pain from recovery I decided with just the lipo. I am 23, 5'3', 115 lbs. Small frame and skinny all over. Mons pubis protrudes a bit and since I have a flat belly it seems more prominent. Labia minora protrudes a little more than it should but doesnt bother me a whole lot. Just wortried itll look weird if after my mons is flatter?

If I Have my Mons Pubis Lipo'd, Will my Labia Minora Be More Prominent and Stick out More

+2

The liposuction procedure to decrease the size of your mons pubis should not do anything to affect the size of your labia minora.  You will probably have some postop edema or swelling in the area but after it settles down the labia minora will be the same size.  If the reduction makes the labia minora look smaller then a labiaplasty may be indicated.

Liposuction of the Mons Pubis will Not Affect the Labia Minora

+2

At 115 pounds, your mons pubis looks larger than I would expect.  Your labia look fine.  Definitely have your mons area suctioned.  Sometimes I have to reach down into the labia majora as well if it appears fat.  You should do fine.  Good Luck!

William H. Huffaker, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and labia size

+2

If your mons is reduced in size it won't affect the prominence of your labia minora.

However, you may notice the size of your labia minora more. In the same way that women who have a breast reduction sometimes feel that their tummy is more prominent.

Btw, I think your labia minora look completely normal - so don't feel self-conscious about them.

Good luck!

Jill Tomlinson, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Mons Liposuctio and Labia Minora

+2

Your liposuction should have no effect on your labia minora, there may be some initial swelling and bruising of the labia and clitoris following surgery but long-term there will be no effect. You can safely go ahead with your liposuction procedure. Good luck

Johan E. Brahme, MD

If I Have my Mons Pubis Lipo'd, Will my Labia Minira Be More Prominent and Stick out More

+2

No

Mons lipo is a procedure with a very high satisfaction rate. There is no reason to fear l minora prominence as a result. You will have swelling there for a few weeks to months but not long term. 

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the mons pubis area

+2

The way to understand it is that all properly done liposuction does is reduce or thin down the fat layer under the skin to the minimum for that area. If there is no excess fat then liposuction will not improve it and it is not possible to achieve whatever shape desired. Also, properly done liposuction should have no effect on the skin above or around the area which would include the labia minora. I would agree that sometimes a change in proportion of areas can make it look like something is more prominent but I would view reduction of the labia as a separate issue after the mons has recovered from the liposuction (3 months or more).

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Relatively speaking...maybe

+2

Lipo of the Mons will not directly affect the labia, but relatively speaking if you flatten one area the area next to it might seem somewhat larger by comparison.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the mons

+2

Liposuction of the mons will in no way distort the labia.  The fat in this area is of a different consistency and liposuction will thin it out.

Gary H. Manchester, MD (retired)

Mons pubis liposuction

+2
In my experience, if you decrease the size of the mons pubis, it may make the whole genitalia seem more prominent from the view above. Generally this has not been a major source of patient complaint.

Mons Liposuction will not improve Labia

+2

No, liposuction of the mons will not alter the labia.  However, you may feel better about your appearance after liposuction.  If not, then you can consider labial reduction.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD