Mons Pubis Lipo?

After having a tummy tuck in 2005 the area of the mons is very fatty. Can lipo be done to this area alone and if so what is the average cost in New York and how long does procedure take.

Liposuction - Mons pubis

+2

Hi New York4344 in New York, NY,

Absolutely.  I routinely include this with most of my lipos (where indicated, of course!) and tummy tucks.  And it's not at all uncommon to do it secondarily (ie, sometime after the primary procedure) either because the patient and/or surgeon did not fully recognize the benefit of doing it at the first procedure, or because that region has become a little more prominent over time.

That being said, you have to assess how much of the mons is fat, and how much is fibrous tissue (nothing personal, of course).  The more fat (versus fibrous tissue) the more of a decrease you can reasonably expect from lipo.  If there's a lot of extra skin and sagging (still - nothing personal) you might need a lift in addition, though many people don't have this part of the procedure since it would leave a scar.  Even just reducing the bulk can make a huge difference.

It is, of course, a sensitive area, so the procedure normally needs to be done with at least some intravenous sedation.  Local anesthesia alone can work (I've done it this way, too) but it's not always the most comfortable.  And it takes longer for the swelling in this region to do down than for others (it's more vascular, it's lower down, etc).

So - in sum - it's an excellent area to do, it's done routinely BUT there are a few things about the anatomy of the mons that make it a little different from most parts of the body.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Mons pubis liposuction removal of the right amount

+1

Abdominoplasty may make the mons stand out and liposuction is commonly performed during abdominal liposuction. Some patients prefer to keep a certain amount of fat as a sensual region that might lose its cushion effect with too much liposuction. Be sure to discuss this with your surgeon as different patients have different preferences. If only this solitary area is done, the cost should be about the lowest in any liposuction group.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Lipo of Mons Pubis post Abdominoplasty

+1

Liposuction of this area can be very effective.  The procedure usually takes 1 to 1 1/2 hours.  Best to consult with your plastic surgeon and together come up with an appropriate plan.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Liposuction of mons pubis

+1

Based on the information you have provided, it would seem that you would be a good candidate for liposuction of the mons pubis.  This could be performed as an outpatient.  

Andrew P. Giacobbe, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Mons lipo

+1

If your mons is mostly fatty tissue, certainly it can have liposuction.  If there is excess skin, a portion  may need to be excised and tailored.

Mons pubis liposuction

+1

Fat deposits in the area of the mons pubis are common.  These are usually addressed at the time of a tummy tuck in which additional liposuction in this region will give a better postoperative result.  Since you did not have liposuction at the time of your tummy tuck, it is possible to perform this treatment at a later stage. 
This would be a short outpatient procedure.

Elizabeth S. Harris, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of Mons Can Be Helpful after Tummy Tuck

+1

Liposuction can certainly improve the appearance of the mons if it is too full after your tummy tuck.  You may not have noticed this prior to your abdominoplasty, but it becomes more visible and/or accentuated after the procedure.  Alternatively or in conjunction, depending on how much remaining loose skin you have after your tummy tuck, an additional excision of skin in the central lower abdominal scar with a focus on skin removal from the mons may be beneficial to reduce fulness.  You do have to be careful, however, not to remove too much skin and cause traction on the genitals. 

Liposuction of the mons may run from $2500 under local anesthesia to up to $5000 or more under general anesthesia, and may take less than an hour to complete.

Samuel Sohn, MD

Treatment of the Mons after a tummy tuck

+1

After a tummy tuck, many people complain that their mons (or pubic area) is fuller. This is not really because it is fuller, but really because it looks fuller now that the belly is flatter.  This is why I routinely perform liposuction of the mons during tummy tucks.  I also commonly perform liposuction of the mons in patients that have had tummy tucks elsewhere. This is doen under local anethesia or sedation and takes about 45 minutes.  The recovery is rather quick, but you will be swollen for 5 days to 2 weeks!  In some cases, there is laxity of the skin in the mons and a small lift is done at the same time. By using the central part of the tummy tuck incision, I can lift the mons and remove some skin. Liposuction is done at the same time.  The cost can vary depending on whether you need simple liposuction under local anesthesia or more of a lift with skin excision under sedation. The price in my New York City office starts at $3000. Give my office a call for your free consultation.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Mons Pubic lipo

+1

Yes I recommend laser liposuction (Smart Lipo Triplex) See Dr Wallach in Manhattan. He is a expert poster on RealSelf and very qualified

Mons pubis liposuction with tummy tuck

+1

The tummy tuck and liposuction of the mons area is a very good combination, though often we will suction the mons alone. We approach the area through the belly button, and use ultrasound to break up the fat as there is little room to 'work' in the mons pubis. Expect a good bit of swelling in your bottom.

peterejohnsonmd