Am I Qualified for a Non-surgical Injection? (photo)

I want to get rid of a hump on my nose but I cannot afford rhinoplasty at the moment. Will a non-surgical injection be suitable for me? Would it be able to hide the hump on my nose? How exactly does it do that and wouldn't it make my nose bigger and out of proportion? Where would the injection be put?

Juvederm or Radiesse for non surgical nose lift - Los Angeles

+1

A very good option would be Radiesse or Juvederm to the nose for a non surgical nose lift and filler. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Derek,

1. A non-surgical rhinoplasty is an affordable option when you are not ready for surgery
  2. Injections are placed around the hump to hide it
  3. You can also put some in the tip to balance everything out for a nice result

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Filler Injections to the Nose

+1

You could certainly consider filler to mask / soften the appearance of the bump on your nose with filler.  I would make sure that a hyaluronic acid filler (like Juvederm, Restylane, or Belotero) is used.  As an added layer of safety, I use a microcannula when injecting the nose to prevent necrosis (death to the tissues by blocking blood vessels-this can occur with sharp needle injections) which allows for a precise, bruiseless, and SAFE method to perform this procedure.  As a facial plastic surgeon familiar with the nasal anatomy, I also assure that the injection is performed in the appropriate layer of the nose to minimize the chance of complications.  

Kian Karimi, MD

Juvederm for nasal contouring

+1

You could get a little projection of your nasal tip with a Juvederm injection and possibly an injection at the radix area of the nose.  Really not a substitute  for a rhinoplasty in your particular situation.  

Am I Qualified for a Non-surgical Injection?

+1

Fillers to the nose are often a poor substitute for a rhinoplasty, and I think that would be the case in your situation as well.  However, the appearance of the hump could be somewhat improved with filler injection above the hump.  Please make sure that you find someone who does this frequently and make sure that you are aware of the possible complications including skin necrosis.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty (Rhinosculpturing) Is An Excellent Treatment For Nasal Bumps, Humps, & Droopy Tips

+1

Of course, there is no substitute for an upfront and personal examination and palpation of the nose to determine the best course of action. But, there is no question that  nonsurgical nose jobs can work well for straightening bumps, humps, curved noses and downturned (or drooping) nasal tips.

I have been performing these procedures for about ten years and have found nonsurgical nose jobs, also called rhinosculpturing, quite effective for lifting droopy nasal tips and straightening humps, bumps, and depressions along the bridge and top of the nose. If necessary, before actually treating,  to confirm suitability for treatment, a small amount of salt solution can be injected as a test into the appropriate areas of the nose to confirm this. Doing this gives a pretty good idea of what the actual outcome will be following actual treatment. Not uncommonly, simply injecting the appropriate volume to the bridge area to straighten it is also enough to give a secondary aesthetically satisfactory lift to the tip of the nose. 

In cases where sufficient secondary lift is not achieved by simply volumizing and straightening the bridge area, additional volumizing material can be added to the area of the base of the nose, with or without the addition of a neuromodulator, such as Dysport and Botox.. The latter work, not by a volume effect, but by weakening the small muscles in the area that exert a downward pull on the nasal tip: the result, an elevated nasal tip.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty involves injecting fillers into the nose which we do not recommend in our practice. Adding  Fillers  to the nose were only add more bulk and volume to the nose, and make the nose larger. There are serious complications that can occur from these techniques. Consider surgical rhinoplasty when the time is right for you. In the  meantime, we have a virtual rhinoplasty app on our website for you to see what your new nose might look like with surgery.

Fillers for hump on nose

+1

There are fillers that could be used to help camouflage a hump on the nose.  Normally, they would be placed above the hump during this procedure.  There are a variety of fillers that could be used, and you should be able to discuss these options with the doctor you choose to see.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

A non-surgical rhinoplasty can be used to help conceal nasal humps by enhancing the area above the hump so that it is in continuity for a straight profile appearance.  More photos, that include your forehead and chin are needed to make a better assessment.  However, if you are serious about proceeding with the non-surgical route, please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD