Monolid & Epicanthal Fold? (photo)

Hi, I'm a Japanese girl but I born with double lids and no epicanthal fold so I want to know if it's possible for me to have a monolid and an epicanthal fold with some type of surgery. I know that a lot of asian girls wants surgery to have double lids, but for me my eyes are a problem, sometimes my classmates say that I was adopted and other horrible things. There are some photos of my eyes for you to see. Thank you, Kumiko

Asian

+1

I like your lids!  Never feel that you have to have Cosmetic Surgery because of others.  You are the captain of your own ship.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Don't be pushed by others into surgery!

+1

Dear Komiko

Your eyes are very natural and very attractive, and in all honesty, all attempts to create an "asian monolid" and epicanthal folds will leave you looking less attractive. The surgery that you are describing, to my knowledge has never been performed successfully and naturally, and any surgeon that would attempt that surgery on you would be misguided, in my opinion.

The problem is not your eyelids, it is your classmates. First talk to your classmates yourself. If they are really your friends, then if you tell them that this is really hurting you, they should stop. If they don't, then they aren't really your friends.

I would then discuss their actions with your parents and your teachers. This type of cruelty should not be tolerated, even from so called friends.

Good luck and be strong!

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Plastic Surgery. . . Why should you do it

+1

I am terribly sorry that you are being taunted by your "friends" at school.  But I want you to think long and hard about whether you really want your eyes changed.  These people are only going to be around you for a short time and any surgery you do on your eyes will be with you the rest of your life.  Your eyes are not abnormal and they are attractive as is.  You may think a non-crease is prettier, and if indeed YOU think it is prettier and YOU want to make the change, then fair-enough, consult with some doctors about it.  But, don't let their cruel behavior cause you a life time of regrets if it isn't something that you personally don't really care to do.  Please go slowly with your decision and involve people who are close to you in your deliberations.

Louis W. Apostolakis, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon