I feel a hump after rhinoplasty. Is it normal?

After 1month post op of corrective rhinoplasty i feel a hump on my one side of nose. My nose is still swollen so is it gonna go away ? The hump feels like a bone

Hump after rhinoplasty

+1
Dear Sarangbun,

• The bump could be just some swelling
  • Patience and time will tell how it will heal, there is very little to be done at this point
  • Just bring these concerns up to your surgeon

Nima Shemirani

+1
    Without pictures or an exam, I would be guessing.  Swelling can be present for 6 months to 1 year.

Hump

+1
Ultimately, the rhinoplasty is done to improve the appearance of the nose. We do alter structures so you may feel things different now. As long as they do not cause visible deformities, all is well and you can stop touching it.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD