I Had a Momogram It Seems Implant is No Longer There. Should I Have Sac Removed?

I Had a Momogram It Seems Implant is No Longer There.  Should I Have Sac Removed?

Ruptured saline filled implants

+1

If the saline filled implant has ruptured but not causing you any problems then you could consider not doing anything.  IF you start to feel the edges of the implant or if you skin is very thin in some areas then you may want to have the implant removed under local anesthesia. 

Implant change after mammogram

+1
From your descriptions, it sounds like your saline filled implant has deflated. The implant shell will remain and the scar tissue around will contract. Sometimes this may form a knuckle or point that may produce some discomfort, but you do not absolutely have to have the implant removed, unless other problems arise. However, do you really want to walk around with only one implant. Either have the implant replaced or deflate the other implant with or without removing them. Deflating the implants may leave you droopy and then you would need to consider doing breast lifts. You should discuss these options with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Mammogram and saline implant

+1

If your implant is a saline one and it deflated, then only the outer shell remains. This will not go away unless it is surgically removed.  It should be removed and a new one considered for insertion.

What to do after complete deflation of breast implants?

+1

Once a saline breast implant deflates the vast majority of its volume is taken up by the body leaving only the silicone shell which is progressively compressed and flattened by the ever narrowing implant pocket. At ths point the shell is just a foreign body which poses no immediate risk but offers no benefit either. It should therefore be removed in the near future. 

Deflated breast implants

+1

I am assuming these are completely deflated saline implants which are completely  deflated. These shells of silicone should be removed. They are by now foreign material. They also buckle and may erode through the skin.

Rupture Breast Implants?

+1

If I understand the question  correctly,  you have experienced a deflation of breast implants?  if so, yes,  the implants should be removed and/or  replaced.

In person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons  will be helpful to discuss options in detail.