Mommy Makeover....FTT and Boob Work, What To Expect With These? (photo)

Hi there. I have 3 Csections, and my kids were 9'3", 7'12", and 8'2" (3wks early!)Anyways, I have had consults-3 in person, 2 via email. I lost 50lbs, and I LOVE curves. I NEED a FTT and breast lift. I have alot of tissue and would end w/a D or DD just with my own. Thing is, I want them wider. I have even measurements on both sides and a 15bwd. What are your suggestions? How low would my TT scar be? How many ins would I lose? Would cut above my belly button? I do have 20-30lbs more to go.

Waxing Philosophical on Mommy Makeover...

+1

Hi there-

Here's the thing... Your question, which is basically, "what will I look like after a Mommy Makeover", cannot be answered without knowing a LOT more about you and who you are going to let do this procedure on you.

I think that the most severe and most common mistake I see women make is allowing themselves to believe that all plastic surgeons are created equal (as long as they are Board Certified). If this were true, then it would be reasonable for patients like yourself to research and plan a procedure online, then shop for a surgeon they want to do it on them. It would be a lot like buying a car.

The problem is that, while buying a car it is fairly safe to assume that the same make and model of new car will be the same no matter where you buy it, it is NOT safe or smart to assume that the safety and outcome of your procedure will be the same (or even similar) regardless of who does it on you.

So based on your photos, I am comfortable saying that you appear to be a very good candidate for improvement through a Mommy Makeover, I would NOT be comfortable guessing what your outcome will be, where your scars will be, or what they would look like, etc... 

Believe me, I know how this is going to sound, but the simple fact is that there IS a lot of art to what we do, and therefore your outcome will depend on the artist you choose.

With regard to the width of your breasts, there is no way to make them wider without implants, which I'm not sure would be in your best interests (although I couldn't say without a consultation). 

You are infinitely better served to find the best, most talented and skilled surgeon you can FIRST, and then ask these questions of them, than you are to ask us to guess the answers for you online. The surgeon you choose will be the key to your safety and happiness- find them first. Then worry about the how, where, why, etc...

Mommy Makeover....FTT and Boob Work, What To Expect With These?

+1

Typically when performing a breast lift, the breast is reshaped into a narrower cone so a breast lift will likely not leave you any wider, but actually more narrow. As to the length of the scar on the tummy tuck, it will be at least a couple of inches longer than where you see the skin fold on the sides.  I think you might lose some inches on your waist, if and only if, they can significantly tighten your abdominal muscles.  The more weight you lose the greater the likelihood you will have more skin removed and hopefully be able to tighten the muscles more.

Julio Garcia, MD

Full tummy tuck with breast lift and breast implants

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos. From what you said, it looks like you have a lot of good information. Yes, a full tummy tuck has a scar across the lower tummy and a scar around the belly button. No one can tell you exactly how many inches you would lose.

After you decide on which plastic surgeon you choose, get sized for implants in his/her office. Overall, some form of breast lift with or without implant and tummy tuck with or without liposuction will give you some significant improvement. To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover recommendations

+1

Based on your photo, I would recommend a short scar breast lift (vertical incision, also called lollipop incision) and a full tummy tuck. The scar from the tummy tuck is quite low and hidden in your underwear/swimwear. The scar needs to be long enough to remove sufficient loose skin. Once you are at your goal weight, you will have an even better result with your surgery. It is not possible to estimate accurately how many inches you will lose from the surgery, but your clothes will certainly fit better. Consult with a few board certified plastic surgeons in your area for a more detailed examination in person. Best wishes, Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Mommy Make-over with tummy tuck and breast work

+1

You should be commended on working towards weight loss prior to embarking on cosmetic surgery. With regard to your breast concerns: certainly a breast lift is required in your case in order to remove the extra skin and restore the nipples to the center of the breast. The biggest question will be: is the subsequent breast volume enough to give you (or keep) those curves that you desire? I am anticipating that with lifted breasts, you will have very  nice cleavage because your breasts are very close together naturally. If you lose an additional 20 pounds, you might have enough breast volume loss at that time that an implant will be required in order to keep the volume you desire.

Regarding tummy tuck surgery, you will need a full tummy tuck, which involves an incision around the umbilicus in order to remove all of the excess skin and fat that has occurred below your belly button as well as an incision in the lower aspect of the tummy. This incision can be kept very low and should be able to be along your C-section scar. The incision will be from hip to hip. I feel that you will have a very nice result with a mommy make-over! 

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

+1

Congratulations on working toward the weight loss prior to surgery.  That will help you get the best result possible.  A "Mommy Makeover" is a relatively new term meaning breast and abdominal procedure, typically combined in order to try to restore your body to how it looked prior to pregnancy or ideally even better than before pregnancy.

The tummy tuck would provide significant improvement to your abdomen.  The scar can be placed as low as possible to accommodate the type of bathing suit you wish to wear.  There should not be an incision or a scar above your belly button.

Judging from your photos you will need a breastlift if you want to maintain volume; a breast reduction if you want to be smaller, that operation incorporates a lift. A breast implant could be combined with the breastlift to add superior fullness to the breast along with projection and it could be used to provide additional width, which is something you mentioned.

You have had a number of consultations and you should ideally choose a board certified plastic surgeon with whom you are comfortable and who will try to give you the results you are trying to achieve.  Thank you for your question and for the photos.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.  You are certainly an excellent candidate for a mommy makeover and should have a great improvement.  The tummy tuck scar would be quite low, and easily concealed by underwear or bikini.  Liposuction of your love handles will result in additional loss of inches.  With regards to your breasts, you'll get a very nice result with a lift.  Implants would give you additional volume and breast width.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help you decide what is best for you.

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

+1

For the tummy tuck scar, it will be covered by the underwear you have in the pictures.

At the same time you need a pubis lift. The loss in inches would be by liposuctioning your love handles and some in the abdomen.

For the breast, you will need a SPAIR technique type of breast lift.

Full Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift

+1

Congrats on getting back in such good shape after those three big babies. I think you will be surprised and delighted at what a great change you will get from your Mommy Makeover. You do need a full tummy tuck and the scar will run  from a line drawn down from the middle of your armpit on the  right side to the same place on the opposite side. The longer the scar the more the improvement. There will also be a scar around the edge of your bellybutton. If done well the long scar will be very low and easily covered by most swim suits and panties. The full breast lift is also necessary, but don't do any augmentation until the lift is well healed because you will very likely find no implant is necessary and doing the augment at the time of the lift does add some risks you don't need.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Mommy makeover recommendations

+1

Your tummy tuck scar can be kept very low, and it can help in planning if you show the surgeon what your clothing will cover. This can be important if you wear a lower underpant or jean to keep the scar concealed. A full breast lift will bring the nipple up front and forward on the breast and your full D-cup to DD should give you plenty of width and an attractive 'S' sweep from underarm to the side of the breast.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com