Can I Get a Mommy Makeover?

I have recently lost 50lbs and at this point weigh 165lbs. I am 5 ft even. My stomach is hanging and I often get a rash under. My breast have always been big and never bothered me but now they sag. Would it be possible to get a mommy makeover on this weight?

Mommy makeover after weight loss

+1

Thank you for the question. You are on the right track. Losing weight and then having surgery. What you need to do is get your weight more down and have it stable for a period of six months before considering surgery. What you don't want to happen is lose more weight after the surgery and that can have negative impact on the results. Congratulation on losing all that weight.

Yes, it is possible to get a mommy makeover. If you like the size of your breasts, then a breast lift and a tummy tuck would be

+1

Yes, it is possible to get a mommy makeover. If you like the size of your breasts, then a breast lift  and a tummy tuck would be a good combination.  You may also consider focused liposuction if needed.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss. Prior to surgery, you would be best off to reach your long term target for weight. While it is possible to perform the surgery prior to this time, you would receive the best possible results and minimize the chances that further surgery will be necessary when you at your optimal weight.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover and Weight Loss?

+1

Thank you for the question. Congratulations on your significant weight loss.

Ideally, you will be able to lose additional weight (and be as close to possible  to your “long term stable weight”) prior to undergoing mommy makeover surgery. Doing so will improve your chances of achieving the best results possible and minimize the chances that further surgery will be necessary.

Keep up the good work!

Mommy Makeover and Weight Loss

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.   I would recommend a mommy makeover after your weight loss has stabilized.  In other words, if you think you are going to lose > 20 lbs more, I would hold off on your procedure until you are done with losing weight.   A physical exam will be needed to determine if you are a good candidate for a mommy makeover procedure.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover is possible even when slightly overwheight

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.  You are absolutely a candidate for tummy tuck and breast reduction at your current weight.  Risks of surgery such as wound complications increase with patient body weight, but good nutrition and no tobacco use can really help minimize this risk even in the somewhat overweight patients.  In my practice, I find that patients lose weight more successfully after surgery because it is more efficient and easier to exercise when the "core" muscles are in good position as in after a tummy tuck and breasts are not so cumbersome a size.

Elizabeth Slass Lee, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover at 5 ft. 165 lbs.

+1

Congratulations on losing the 50 lbs so far! That is a fantastic accomplishment and you deserve to be proud. Yes, it is possible to get a procedure done at your current weight, but it is not ideal.  If you were to continue losing weight the skin of the abdomen and breasts would become more lax and possible hang. This would not be to the degree you are now, but the optimal results will be obtained if closer to your goal weight. Good luck and Great job. 

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover Weight

+1

It would be best for you to be evaluated in consultation with a plastic surgeon board-certified by the Amercian Board of Plastic Surgery to address whether mommy makeover at your weight is appropriate.

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Weight and mommy makeover

+1

It is your level of fitness that is important for starters. Look at your diet and level of exercise and activity. If this is optimized, then your weight will be determined by your genetics and body type. A plastic surgeon can then consult with you as to what can be done to achieve your goals surgically. Some patients will be ideal candidates for certain procedures but others will be less than ideal. 

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Get close to ideal weight before mommy makeover

+1

You will have a better result from a mommy makeover at a slightly lower weight. You can have the surgery now but I would consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to see how much weight loss is recommended. The tummy tuck portion of the mommy makeover will remove the excess skin and should help with your rash. The lower your weight before surgery the fewer the complications as well.  Best wishes, Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD