Too Soon to Do a Mommy Makeover?

Im considering doing some type of cosmetic enhancements. I just had my 2nd son 5 months ago. Im 5'4, 131 lbs currently but hope to lose atleast 10-15 more lbs. I was 108 lbs before having kids. I work out 6 days a week and currently take the diet aid oxy pro elite. I have 3 more weeks left to finish the supplement. Im pretty sure I need a breast lift, but not sure if I need a tummy tuck. I was told by one dr that liposculpture would work for me. I need more input! The less invasive the better!

Too Soon to Do a Mommy Makeover?

+1

Without seeing at least pictures it is difficult to say. I will say that if you have any significant stretch marks, then the liposculpture could leave you with loose skin. If that is the case, then it might be a mini tummy tuck or a full one, depending on how loose the skin is and where it is loose too.

Wait 6 months after finished Nursing child for Breast Lift Mommy Makeover-Liposuction wont correct loose skin

+1

I advise waiting 6 months after you stop nursing your child before having Breast Lift or Breast Augmentation as part of a mommy Makeover.

I cannot tell without examining you but be very cautious about choosing Liposuction over a Tummy Tuck as part of your Mommy Makeover.

If you have no loose skin on your tummy and only moderate fat under your tummy skin then Liposuction may be all you need. I prefer Laser Liposuction as it provides some additional skin tightening during the Liposuction.

However if you have loose skin on your lower abdomen that is significant a Tummy Tuck will give you a much better result.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

A mommy makeover typically involves breast and tummy contouring

+1

A mommy makeover procedure typically involves breast reshaping and abdominal contouring.  Most women find that they have  excess skin and soft-tissue laxity of their breast and abdomen after having children.  Since you cannot exercise excess skin laxity away this usually needs to be removed and tightened by a surgical procedure if the amount of laxity is more than just very minimal.  This is done through a breast lift procedure for the breasts and a tummy tuck procedure for the abdomen.  Discuss these options thoroughly with your board certified plastic surgeon to determine the best options for you.  Liposuction or liposculpture may also be a good adjunct procedure to contour excess fat deposits, however, you height and weight really indicates that fat may not be your main concern.

Dr Repta 

Remus Repta, MD

Mommy makeover timing

+1

When you are within 10 to15 pounds of your ideal body weight, then you are at the point where you may consider a mommy makeover.  The best way to determine which procedures are best for you is by discussing your goals with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

Too Soon to Do a Mommy Makeover?

+1

Ideally you want to be back to your goal weight.  I like my patients to wait at least 6 months after delivery.  Longer if not at ideal body weight or if they are breast feeding.  Without pictures or an examination, I cannot comment on you case.  In general, if the skin is good shape and minimal or no stretch marks, you may be able to do liposuction.  If there is some excess skin present, it will need to be removed with either a mini tummy tuck or full tummy tuck.  The advantage of the full tummy tuck is that you can do a complete muscle repair at the same time.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Mommy Makeover: Is least invasive also the best treatment?

+1

Your consultation regarding mommy makeover should address the issue of the breast and the tummy separately. You will need a complete history and physical. You should also discuss future plans regarding future pregnancies. In general I would wait at least nine months after child birth to proceed with mommy makeover. I would wait 6 months after breast feeding. With regard to the breast, if there is only loss of volume in the upper pole, you may only need implants. If the droppiness of the breast is more severe you may need lift that would involve larger incisions. The tummy can be addressed with a range of treatments from liposuction to mini tummy tuck to full tummy tuck depending on the amount of loose skin. Your age and elasticity of your skin is another factor that would need to be taken into consideration. Least invasive may not necessarily provide the best outcome. Best of Luck!

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover After Pregnancy

+1

Without pictures and/or an examination, it is impossible to tell exactly what procedures are right for you.  In general thought, a mommy makeover is any combination of breast augmentation, breast lift, abdominal liposuction, and/or tummy tuck.

In general, I recommend that patients wait at least nine months after pregnancy before undergoing abdominal liposuction or a tummy tuck, and at least 6 months after breast feeding before undergoing a breast augmentation or breast lift.

The most important thing; however, is to have your surgery performed by a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who will help you pick the procedures that are most appropriate for you.

Best of luck.

Jaime Perez, M.D.

Mommy Makeover Specialist in Tampa, FL

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa, FL

Jaime Perez, MD

When to do mommy makeover?

+1

It's hard to tell without a photo. In general I would wait 6-9 months after delivery. That gives your body enough time to recover from the pregnancy. You need to wait at least 3-4 months after you quit breast feeding if you did. it's probably not to early to start getting consults. At least that will give you some better info. Usually the consultations are free anyway. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Mommy makeover, less invasive for tummy, breasts

+1

It is hard to say what would benefit you the most without seeing you or your photos. You could have totally non invasive with Thermage for the tummy or liposuction or tummy tuck.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Timing your Mommy Makeover

+1

The timing of a mommy makeover is dependent how quickly you recovery from your pregnancy in terms of returning to your pre-pregnancy weight, and whether sufficient time has elapsed to allow for your abdominal wall and abdominal skin to stabilize.  

If you are very fit and had good abdominal muscle tone pre-pregnancy, then your abdominal wall will recover more quickly.  

If you have few striae or stretch marks, then the skin elasticity of your abdomen is better than if you have many stretch marks, and your condition will be stabilized sooner.

Once these changes have stabilized,you should seek a consultation to determine what mommy makeover procedures are appropriate to meet your goals.  

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD