Mommy Makeover..5 Different Areas is That Safe? What About Cost?

I was hoping to get a mommy makerover that included a breastlift lipo tummy tucks and brazilian bottom lift with fat transfer i also wanted to get an under eye lift im 23 with 1 child and i just want to look my age agagain and feel good about myself im wondering about the best doctors.price, and recovery and help or insight would be awesome

Mommy Makeover

+2

As some of my colleauges stated, a "mommy makeover" refers to a series of cosmetic surgery procedures intended to restore a woman’s figure after pregnancy. I perform these procedures as part of a “mommy makeover” for patients who want an improved figure after having children. Pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding can take a serious toll on a woman’s body, and many moms find that no amount of diet and exercise can restore their pre-baby figures.

Procedures commonly performed during mommy makeovers include:

Abominoplasty (tummy tuck)Breast Augmentation +/- Lift, or Breast Lift only without implants, liposuction

These procedures can be performed in one stage or multiple stages depending on the patient's goals, health status and other screening criteria. An overnight stay after surgery may be needed.  These combined procedure can carry significant costs. It is very common for patients to opt for some form of financing options.  Hope this helps.  Best of luck.

Mommy Makeover surgery combines multiple procedures and is always done SAFELY!

+2

A "mommy makeover" is a trendy term for surgical rejuvenation of the breasts, body and sometimes hips, thighs, buttocks, etc.

Following pregnancy, a woman's body does not usually return to exactly the same state as before having children, especially if multiple babies have been born over years or a "multiple" pregnancy (twins, triplets) has occurred. 

Multiple operations performed at one time can be done SAFELY as long as a properly-trained, experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is your Doctor, surgery is performed in an operating room and precautions are taken to avoid major complications.  This also often includes an overnight stay for recovery and monitoring by properly trained Nurses. 

For example, I often combine breast and tummy surgery at one time, or breast surgery and liposuction in multiple areas, if they involve complimentary areas of the body (all on your front, etc).  I do not plan to perform more than around 6 hours of surgery at any one time, as operating longer than this slightly increases the risk of complications.

Doing surgery on both the front and the back of your body (i.e. breasts, tummy and buttocks) will require a physical turn from lying on your back to lying on your front/tummy (and then back again) while you are asleep in the operating room.  This also adds time and complexity to the procedure, and is not what I commonly suggest if multiple procedures are already planned.

In addition, I recommend waiting until all pregnancies are complete before considering any mommy makeover type of procedure.  Most Moms seeking this type of surgery are therefore in their 30s and 40s.

Karen M. Horton, M.D., M.Sc., F.R.C.S.C.

Karen M. Horton, MD

Mommy Makeover. How many procedures and what price?

+1

A Mommy Makeover is usually a few procedures done at the same time to improve the body of a patient after childbirth.  The first thing is that this is elective surgery and should be done safely.  Often we will do a couple of procedures if it is safe for that individual patient.  We also will separate out the procedures if needed.  Please be evaluated for your individual risk and have reasonable expectations.

Often the amount of time spent in the O.R. determines the price.  This may translate into how many areas of procedures you are doing, (time for each area to be completed).  Surgery prices will vary from city to city and surgeon to surgeon.  There are many variables in price.  Often these variables are not in the control of the surgeon, (O.R. fee, anesthesia fee, supplies, etc).  Beware of bargain basement pricing.  Cheap can become expensive quickly.  Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon.  Together you should be able to find a plan that is safe and effective.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Mommy Makeover Safety?

+1

I would not suggest elective surgery that lasts 7- 8 hours for a number of reasons related to safety and surgical outcome.

Mommy makeover prices vary from doctor to doctor

+1

Visit with some local plastic surgeons to get the best prices for what you want.  Check out the American Society of Plastic Surgery website for local plastic surgeons in your area who are board certified.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover

+1

It sounds like a lot of work for one day of surgery, and if you really are 23, I would think you are a bit young for eye surgery. Besides, if you are planning to have more children, I would wait to do the breasts and abdomen.

A lot of surgery in one sitting

+1

You are looking at a minimum of 8 hours of surgery, even in the hands of an experienced and fast surgeon. Also a considerable recovery time. I would not advocate all these procedures at one sitting. In addition you are 23 years old, If you plan more children you will be undoing all the procedures with another pregnancy. I would think long and hard about my long term plans before embarking on a combination of procedures of this magnitude.

Johan E. Brahme, MD

Multiple Operations and Safety

+1

The procedures you list are in part counter to each other in terms of recovery, and a LOT of surgery. A mommy makeover is typically a breast procedure combined with an abdominal procedure. Depending on the surgery performed, it may take 4-6 hours of anesthesia time to complete. Adding elective procedures on beyond this that greatly increase the surgery time (such as a butt lift) is unwise. Also, a butt lift recovery often requires sleeping on your stomach where as a breast lift requires you to sleep on your back. This would not be a smart combination of procedures to perform at the same time.

I think the bigger question is - Why are you contemplating this much surgery at age 23? At this stage in life, your body has a tremendous ability to regain shape with diet and exercise. Many of the post-pregnancy changes return to the pre-pregnancy form in younger women without the need for corrective surgery. As for cost, the list of procedures you are asking about could easily cost you $20,000-30,000 when you include surgeons fee, anesthesia costs, operating room fees, and hospital stays. I would recommend saving that money and investing in a personal trainer. If you are still set on surgery, make sure you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area for an honest appraisal of your concerns.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

+1

Now lets see the surgeries you want: 1. lower eyelids, 2. Full Tummy Tuck, 3. Breast Lifts, 4. Liposuction, 5, Brazilian Butt Lift. All can be done in one operation but very unlikely unless in hospital with over night stay. Just for your safety. As for sleeping there are risks for being on your back but there are limited. You should appreciate the previous expert answers of Rand, Placik, Shureih they have opened your eyes. Now the surgeons and costs are hard to discuss. In general this combination and all costs are around $20,000. The thing I'm concerned about is your age of 23, very young. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091