How Old Do You Have to Be to Get a Mommy Makeover?

I am 16 i had my daughter last year, and am 5 year birth control i do not want anymore children, and would like my body to be normal again.

Mommy Makeover

+1

That is younger than we normally would treat.  I recommend you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and receive an evaluation of your options.  A MM does not prevent future children should you change your mind.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Age for Mommy Makeover?

+1

It will be in your best interest to wait a few more years before making the decision to proceed with a very major operation and significant bodily changes. This waiting time love you to reach a greater degree of physical, emotional, and psychosocial maturity.

No mommy makeover for teenagers.

+1

Hi.

You should absolutely not have this surgery.  I understand that you are upset with your body, but really you do not know how you will feel about having more children in a few years.  I would not consider doing surgery until you are 25.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

I agree with those who advise delay

+1

At this stage of your life I think it is in your best interest to wait.

Firstly you probably have very good elasticity of your skin, and things probably improve on their own.

Secondly as others have said you may want to still have children once your life is less hectic and more settled.

I know that it seems that your body appearance is the most important thing for you right now, with some maturity you will probably find that what bothers you tremendously now is not so serious later.

Good luck

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

+1

I would agree that the minimum age would depend on where you are located.  In Arkansas, 18 is the age of consent (since you are a parent at 16 you may be considered emancipated ... I would check with a legal expert on this).  First, I would define what you want in the "mommy makeover."  Most surgeons consider this lipo, breast lift/aug, and tummy tuck.

For the mommy makeover, I usually recommend that you hold on the abdominoplasty until you are finished having kids.   Pregnancy after a tummy tuck can have some effect on the results by stretching the skin and muscle repair.  The same could be said about the breast lift/aug as results may not hold up with pregnancy induced changes. 

Think of this as a long term investment.  You will put a lot of time, money, and resources into getting results.  You want these to last as long as possible.  At 16 I would strongly recommend waiting on any surgical procedure until your body has fully developed.

Hope this helps and I wish you the best.

Michael L. Spann, MD
Little Rock Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover at 16

+1

Dear Wanika,

you will need to be 18 at least to undergo any procedures, and 22 year of age for silicone gel implants.

Unless you are emancipated, you cannot even be seen by a plastic surgeon for consultation unless accompanied by a parent or other legual guardian.

I would suggest you focus meanwhile on being healthy and fit.

Good luck with you

F. Mussat, MD

Florence Mussat, MD

Age for cosmetic surgery

+1

As long as you're an emancipated minor and you're sure you don't want anymore children, you may be a good candidate for a mommy makeover. 

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover and age

+1

At 16 you are too young for a mommy makeover ( tummy tuck and breast lift and/or augmentation).  Although you may now believe you will not want any more children, you may change your mind.  I recommend that patients complete their families first before undertaking this surgery.  Most of my patients who have mommy makeovers are 30 or older.  For now, watching your diet and exercising regularly are you best option for a healthy body.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

What is the minimum age for mommy makeover

+1

Elective plastic surgery is generally only performed on adults (>18 yrs of age) with a few exceptions. If you are 16 I would not advise a tummy tuck or any breast surgery as your breasts have not yet fully developed.  This should be discussed with your parents/family before undergoing any surgery of this kind.

Once you are done having children later in life, then you may consider a tummy tuck.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Mommy makeover

+1

while it appears that you do not want to have another child now, you must keep in mind that you are 16. Generally most surgeons would not perform the surgery on you for this reason. It also does not make sense to do surgery if there is a pregnancy contemplated even in the distant future.... like when you are old at age 28. If you do abdominoplasty and have a subsequent pregnancy the scarring is quite bad. My advice is to wait for several years until you know what your future will hold.

John E. Sherman, MD