I Really Would Like to Have a Mommy Makeover...

I need help......I need a really good plastic surgeon here in Houston TX... I have been told that some plastic surgeon schools do this for a low $$$$....Please help....please...thank you

School plastic surgery

+2

There are great eductaional programs in the greater houston area that are much cheaper if you go to the schools.  It is obviously not a board certified plastic surgeon doing your surgery and for the most part, as an educational case you'll be a learning experience for a young surgeon.  Your expectations must be realistic in those settings.

Cost for mommy makeover

+2

It is best to consult with several reputable surgeons and then decide on the surgeon whose results, experience and credentials appear best to you.

If you shop purely by price, you are likely to be disappointed.

Budget doctors will often cut corners, shave time off in surgery, perform surgery in unsafe facilities, not have the proper insurances and policies in place, are understaffed, are poorly trained, etc etc etc.  It costs a reputable doctor money to do things right.  That is why they do not have the lowest fees.

If you buy a lemon for a car, you can always get rid of it somehow.  It's only money you lose.

However if you have subpar surgery and are left with disfigured breasts and abdomen, you may regret your decision.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Mommy Makeover Surgery Pricing

+1

You may be able to find some teaching hospitals with residents that would like to perform the "mommy makeover" procedure and your cost may be lower when performing it at these locations. 

Best Wishes!

Mommy makeover at plastic surgery teaching clinic.

+1

Hi.

Call the nearest university hospital.  Residents and fellows do the surgery under supervision, and it is safe.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Finding prices for cosmetic surgery

+1

Interview with several plastic surgeons for ballpark prices.  You can also check out the local university teaching hospital for rates that are usually very good.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover costs

+1

If you can't afford the surgery, I suggest that you save up to have it done.  But, if you want to go to a teaching program where a resident in training will perform the surgery under the supervision of an attending, then you should look around at local programs in your area.

Mommy Makeover Costs

+1

You are correct that the plastic surgery training programs offer discounted rates on plastic surgery procedures.    You may also be a candidate for healthcare financing, where your mommy makeover can be financed similar to a car or home over a course of 5 years.    Patient's may also consider staging their mommy makeover by completing the tummy tuck first, followed by the breast surgery at a 2nd stage.    I wish you a safe and happy result!!

Paul S. Gill, MD

Lower cost options for mommy makeover

+1

IF you are seeking a lower cost alternative, you may want to schedule an appointment with the plastic surgery residency training program where the surgery can be performed at substantially lower prices.

Costs for Mommy Makeovers

+1

Although cost is an important consideration, it should NOT be the number one concern when choosing your plastic surgeon.  Unlike other "purchases" which you can return, surgery is an important decision.   Safety and quality of your experience and outcome and the comfort level you have with your surgeon and team should be the most important factors to consider.    Now I understand everyone has budgets.   Either plan ahead or perhaps break down your mommy makeover into smaller procedures. Perhaps only do the tummy and then come back for the breast work.  Its OK to come back and fight another day.  Best of luck.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

University Surgery Programs

+1

You may find lower pricing at training institutions, and the quality of the work really depends on the supervising surgeon.  You will have your followup done by doctors who rotate every few months, so you have to be willing to go with that. 

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS