Mommy Makeover, Several Questions! What to Expect, Costs, Traveling? Etc (photo)

26 year old mom of 3 under 4. I am 5'6, lost 60 lbs, plan to lose 10-25 lbs more. breast augmemtation-currently a B, lost "perk" (breastfed). tummy tuck/maybe lipo. My stomach still buldges as if I'm 6 months pregnant. I plan to have my procedure done in 9 months. (Kids will be visiting grandparents) 1. Recovery limitations? 2. When should I schedule my first appointment? 3. Possibly traveling for procudure, what to consider? (West Texas to Florida pan handle) 4. Price estimate paying cash?

Mommy Makeover,

+2

From the photos, it looks like you will be a good candidate for a TT and liposuction to the flanks. For the breasts, the photos are a bit inadequate. There may be enough size and skin difference that  a lift on one or both sides might be suggested in addition to implants. 

I would strongly consider a surgeon nearer home. If you need post op care beyond what can be dealt with by phone, you may find it difficult and costly. 

Expect not to be able to drive for 10-14 days, not to do heavy lifting or other exertion for 6 weeks. 

Mommy makeover

+2

In your posted photos the issue looks more like excess skin and loose muscle than excess fat. Therefore I do not think liposuction alone will give you what you are looking for but it can add to the results of an abdominoplasty.

The breast views are limited but appears that you have some asymmetry with a smaller left than right breast. If you decide to have breast surgery as well that should be accounted for in planning your surgery.

Now is a good time to consider prospective surgeons even if you planning on having the procedure in a year. With the degree of loose muscle that you have your recover will be a little longer but should not be longer than 3 to 4 weeks.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

+2

Traveling for implant/TT/1liter lipo is acceptable but always best to have a local PS to render care if there is a post op problem. Fee range from $10,000 to $15,000. 

Give yourself 2-3 weeks to recover

+2

Thank you for the question.  Congratulations on having your family.  A mommy makeover with a tummy tuck and breast augmentation (+/- lift) will require about 2-3 weeks of recovery.  Expect to invest about 20-25K depending on implant type, surgeon, and area of the country.  You will need to have a good support system as well as someone to care for you for at least the first week or two.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Mommy Makeover Information

+2

After an initial review of your photos, it appears that you may be a good candidate for a mommy makeover including a standard tummy tuck with muscle repair, possible liposuction of the flanks, and breast augmentation with possible limited breast lift, such as a "donut" or circumferential mastopexy (mainly to correct asymmetry).  Recovery varies for each procedure, but the longest recovery is usually for the tummy tuck procedure which could require a minimum of two weeks of bed rest with limited activity.  You could be restricted from exercise or strenuous activity for at least six weeks following and could still have swelling and fat absorption with the liposuction for up to six months.  Traveling restrictions would depend on how and what you are doing for travel.  Surgery prices vary greatly from city to city, and depending on how the surgeon performs the procedure.  Some will perform the surgery in stages, while other's may perform the procedure all at once and this often depends on the time required to complete the surgical procedure.  Also, some offices provide cash discounts.  

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Cost for mommy makeover in West Coast of Florida

+2

Thanks for your question.  I recommend breast augmentation with silicone implants, a tummy tuck with liposuction of the flanks.  The cost will run around 10,000 to 11,000, a bit cheaper if you choose to have saline implants (at least 1,000 less).  Good luck and take care.

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

+2

It would be best to call for an appointment at least 2 months before the date you are wanting to have the surgery.  The cost for breast augmentation and an abdominoplasty with some liposuction would be about $11,000 but can vary.  You would need help around the house for 1 week at least.

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover and recovery

+2

It will take 6-8 weeks to heal before you can lift anything heavy. You should be up and around in a few days though but some help would be nice. It is best to see a PS several months in advance so you can plan effectively. Cost in the midwest would average $12,000-$16,000.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover, Several Questions! What to Expect, Costs, Traveling? Etc

+1

Breast augmentation and tummy tuck may cost $10000 on the low end. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Mommy makeover - what to expect?

+1

It is very common for mommy makeovers to include both breast and tummy procedures.  After surgery, your pain should be well managed with 1-2 oral pain pills every 4-6 hours if needed.   All my mommy makeover patients are ambulating a few hours after surgery (of course walking flexed at their waist given the tummy tuck).   Most surgeons will likely recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 5-6 weeks.  Most of my mommy makeover patients are comfortable with driving 7-10 days after their surgery.  I generally recommend taking 7-10 days off from a desk job after a mommy makeover procedure.  Doing too much too soon can definitely increase your risk of healing problems or fluid collections (seromas).

Every surgical plan is unique/different so I encourage you to direct these questions to your surgeon and his staff.  It is very important you allow enough time for yourself and your recovery.  Mommy Makeovers are truly transforming procedures.  I'm sure you'll love your results.   Please plan and give enough time for your recovery.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu
houston, tx

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS