Mommy makeover, lipo of flanks and inner knees, and fat injections to butt: Safe to have done in one 5 hour surgery? (Photo)

I went for a cons for a TT, n was interested in the other procedures. PS recommended have all the above done at once. says that I'd be feeling ok not 100% in 3 weeks and in a bikini in 5 weeks.BC I'm not a big person my recovery will be easier. I'm 5'1 and 125 lbs. After the initial excitement subsided... All feel pure horror at this idea. Concerned for my safety, recovery, pain, increased chance if complications, n a poor aesthetic result. Any PS out there combine these procedures routinely?

Mommy Makeover Combined with other procedures

+1
Typically in my practice we do these procedures at the same time as long as the total surgery time is less than 6 hours.. From your photos it would appear you are a good candidate.. It is a common choice for Mommy Makeover patients. It makes a lot of sense to combine procedures: One recovery, and only being put asleep once and waking up, only one recovery room charge etc. Another advantage is that you can harvest fat from the tummy including the extra part that would be discarded in a tummy tuck and use if for the Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL).

On the other hand, having staged, separate, procedures make sense for some. In that case, would do your tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and breasts (mastopexy/breast augmentation) at the same time,

Regarding recovery: I would allow 6 weeks to feel back to your game if everything goes smoothly.

Depends on patient's overall health and surgeon's time efficiency

+1

Thanks for your question. 

First of all, I am not in favour of suggesting procedures to patients. I normally restrict my comments to what bothers the patient.

That said and to answer your question, yes it's a combination surgeons usually do. The only extra to the Mommy Makeover here is the Fat grafting to the butt, because general liposuction is normally part of a complete mommy makeover.  

The points to put attention here are two:

1. How much fat do you have for harvesting and injecting in your butt? You looked pretty slim 3 years ago, and if you do not have enough on your flanks, back and inner knees, your surgeon will probably reach out for fat in your abdomen, which many surgeons will tell you is a risky business as you me compromise the blood supply of the Tummy tuck's abdominal flap. 

2. How's your overall health? The more procedures, the more trauma to your body, the more difficult your recovery is. So make sure you are a healthy woman who normally exercises, eats well and has no medical history that may intervene with your healing process.

Your right about all of your concerns, they're real. But the most important part is that your surgeon is time efficient and can accomplish this combination in no more than 6 hours. 

Hope this answer helps you out with your doubts.

Good luck with your journey and take good care of yourself, 

Dr. Fernandez Goico 

Luis A. Fernandez Goico, MD

Mommy makeover, lipo of flanks and inner knees, and fat injections to butt: Safe to have done in one 5 hour surgery?

+1
I combine procedures in healthy people, but this is not something just anyone can do.  I typically do the tummy tuck, breast augmentation, breast lift, liposuction, and BBL in the average person in under 5 hours, but I can tell you that this is on the very fast end of the spectrum. 

You do not want a surgeon rushing through procedures and giving you less.  You want a surgeon with proven results who is safe and provides consistently great results.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlift procedures each year and produces the results you would expect.

Mommy makeover and lipo and fat injections to butt

+1
It really depends upon oyour overall health and waht you wish to achieve. I will often stage a tummy tuck to harvest fat from the abdomen in patients that want fat injection to their buttocks.

+1
I often perform Mommy makeover which may take 4- 5 hours. But it is not for every patient. Some patients are better off staging the different procedures because of work restrictions or because of not being ready menatlly for all the procedures. You should feel comfortable with your decision, and if you are still fearful then, maye you should stage your makeover. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Cosmetic surgery

+1
Cosmetic surgery decision is a very personal decision as to what one wants. Do only the surgery you want, If you make a wrong decision regarding the appropriatness of the surgery then the plastic surgeon should point that out. Plastic surgeons should not suggest surgical procedures unless the patient asks for that.
Do only the procedure you want.
Samir Shureih MD. FACS
sshureih@msn.com