Was my Mommy Makeover a Mistake?

In 2008, I had my first breast augmentation and lift. I went from a saggy DD cup to a perky F cup at 21yo. I had my first child in August of 2009. I was able to lose weight quickly, through exercise, but I had a lot of the stretch marks and loose skin. This pregnancy also created a small muscle bulge in the lower abdomen aka pooch area. (See before photos) Unfortunately, I'm not sure the TT was worth it. The incision looks way too high and I still have stretch marks. Pic taken 2wks after OP.

Stretch Marks may remain after Tummy Tuck

+2

A tummy tuck can remove loose skin, including stretch marks, only from just above your belly button down to your pubic area.  Any stretch marks that are higher, will remain in the remaining skin that is stretched down to close up.  The muscles can also be tightened, but not strengthened, so a residual bulge can persist.  The resulting scar may also move up a bit when the closure is very snug.  In most cases, a tummy tuck will make a remarkable improvement, but not necessarily the perfect result a patient wants, as trade-offs are inevitable.

It's Too Early to Assess Aesthetic Results Following Mommy Makeover

+1

In the early postoperative period, it’s not usual for patients to express concern about their surgical result for a variety of reasons. At this time, patients are swollen, scars are red, muscles are in spasm, and patients still have pain. Under these circumstances, patients often experience buyer’s remorse. They had their surgical procedure to look and feel better and in the short-term look and feel worse.

After two weeks, it’s too early to assess the aesthetic results of your procedure. Wound healing is a dynamic process that continues for up to a year following surgery. It’s also important to realize that scar placement involves a series of tradeoffs and depends upon how much excess tissue is available for surgical resection. In some cases, placement of the incision at a lower level will require a vertical midline incision as well.

If you’re concerned about the results of your tummy tuck, consultation with your plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon should be able to address your concerns and alleviate your anxiety.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover Results?

+1

Since you are only two weeks out of surgery, it is much too early to judge the final results. If however you are still disappointed one year after surgery I'm sure that there will be options to improve your results.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon to express questions and concerns.

Revision mommy makeover works.

+1

Hi.

Almost always, the result can be improved with a touch up if you are not happy.  Talk honestly with your surgeon.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Recovery after cosmetic surgery may take several months

+1

Recovery from this type of surgery may take several months.  Therefore, hang in there and make sure you do good scar therapy to optimize your results.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Two weeks post-op

+1

It is difficult to see the results in the photos, but you ae only two weeks out.  So give yourself time to heal.

Mommy Makeover Concerns

+1

Your postoperative photos demonstrate very nice contour,but its still a little soon to tell about the scar.

The stretch marks which were present above the belly button before surgery will most likely still be seen below the belly button after surgery . Its difficult to remove ALL stretch marks.

Burr Von Maur, MD

Results of Mommy Makeover

+1

Mommy Makeover procedures are designed to improve the appearance of a woman's body after pregnancy and breastfeeding. If you feel that you are unhappy with the results of your surgery, you should follow up with your surgeon, as it may be possible to perform a revision and obtain better results.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Regrets about mommy makeover (photos)

+1

I am not sure about where to review your preop photos so that I can compare your result. It is a shame that you are not happy with your result. Speaking for most plastic surgeons, I would say that we derive great pleasure form satisfying our patients aesthetic goals or at least giving them an impression of a realistic result and what they can achieve. WE are absolutely delighted when we can exceed those goals. Just as much as you, we want great post-op photos. Discuss your conicerns with your plastic surgeon and I am confident that they would want to work with you to at least improve or discusss the management of your remaining issues.

Abdominoplasty scars

+1

If you feel that your scars are too high,if and  when you develop some extra skin on your flanks, the scar can be revised and lowered.

Samer W. Cabbabe, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon