Mommy Makeover and Breast Augmentation Without Lift?

I am wanting a mommy makeover (tt and a bit of lipo, as well as ba). I really don't want a lift, is it possible to have a breast augmentation without a lift? I don't mind it if my breast are a bit 'droopy,' just really would like the fullness back. Gould probably note that I tend to like the looms of a low profile implant, and I would definitely like to go larger. Last question- is this something can be done in one procedure? Thanks!!

Mommy makeover is a custom operation

+1

These operations are really custom plans designed for each individual woman, and what is right for one patient may not be right for another.  In addition to this, I don't think any patient should have her arm twisted to undergo a procedure that she really doesn't want to have.  This would include a lift with a breast augmentation.  So long as what we are contemplating is safe and not risky, and you understand the REALISTIC expectation of the result, even if it is a result that many other ladies wouldn't like, then I think it's appropriate to proceed.  I have done this numerous times in which I have recommended a lift with augmentation, only to have the patient decline the lift.  I think just about every one of those patients wound up being happy, and that is a good result in my book, even if other people don't think so.

Mommy Makeover without a Lift

+1

The term “ Mommy Makeover” has many different definitions depending on the surgeon and entailing different combinations of procedures. A tummy tuck, liposuction, breast augmentation with or without a lift is a frequently performed combination. It is possible to do a “Mommy Makeover” without a breast lift; however, from the photos presented without personally examining you, I feel the better result would be obtained with a lift. In a patient with sagging breasts, with the nipple and areola below the breast fold, one can have a breast augmentation alone, with the implant placed in front of the muscle, but it would require a large implant, which in time may cause more drooping and thinning of the tissue. If the implant was placed behind the muscle, the breast would droop more. You need to see a plastic surgeon who is a diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for  Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. The surgeon should discuss your desires, examine you, and then discuss the pros and cons of the various options. Whether you are a candidate, depends on your medical history, stability of your weight, anatomical findings, physical exam as well as the desired outcome. You need to be realistic about your desired outcome. The type of implant shape and size should be discussed with the plastic surgeon and it depends on your desired size, the width of your chest and your breast dimensions. Whether you have a lift in conjunction with the implant now or later, ultimately, you will need a lift to achieve a pleasing, aesthetic result.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover Breast Augmentation and Droopy Breasts without a Lift

+1

It most certainly is possible to do a Mommy Makeover without a breast lift.  From the photos presented, the best result would be obtained with a lift.  However, with droopy breasts one can have a breast augmentation alone with the implant placed in front of the muscle, but behind the breast, and have larger breasts.  Note that the droopiness will remain and the upper fullness will not be as high as you would achieve with a lift.  Your plastic surgeon can discuss this option with you and show you photos of similar patients.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD

Breast Implant and Tummy Tuck can be combined

+1

Its safe to combine both procedures. I think your photos show some breast asymmetry and a degree of Ptosis ( droopy). In some cases a Breast Implant alone may be all what you need, but here you may benefit from a Lift + implants. You should discuss this with your PS.

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover without a lift

+1

Thanks for your questions and pictures.  You do look like you would be a very good candidate for a mommy makeover as long as you have reached a stable weight and are in good overall health.  Your question regarding your breasts are a very common one.  Based on your pictures, I think a lift plus an augmentation would give you the best outcome.  A discussion with a board-certified plastic surgeon will help you make the decision as well as realistic expectations of what can be accomplished with an augmentation alone.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

MM without a lift?

+1

Thanks for your post and photos. It seems that you are a good candidate for a mommy makeover, but you should highly consider a breast lift to go with your tummy tuck and implants. A breast lift has a high satisfaction rate and it would likely be a better operation for someone with the level of sagginess seen in the photos. Talk to your local plastic surgeon. Best Wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast lift vs implants only: what you need to know

+1

There are several variables to consider, especially how low the nipples are relative to the bottom fold of the breast and the size of the implants. You would need a consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon in order to determine the best plan, but please keep an open mind about the lift option. If the nipples are lower than the bottom fold, it is unlikely that you would be happy with the implants only look long-term. It can all be done together as part of a mommy makeover.

Richard Baxter, MD

Mommy makeover breast without lift

+1

Hi texas,

Thank you for the question and the pics. From the description and the images I suspect that the procedure you have requested would be fine for you. You will see a dramatic improvement in your overall body. The question about the breasts is very common. Many patients want full perky breasts with the scars. You can opt for just the implants alone and see if you would be happy. You will have fuller size but they will still have a droopy appearance when naked. In clothing, it will look fine. The profile size depends on how wide your breast base is. You should try on several different sizers to determine the best fit for your frame. 

Later, if you decide to you can always do the lift. Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

+1

Tummy tuck with liposuction of the flanks with breast augmentation and breast lift could all be performed at the same time and would take no more than 4 hrs.  Given your current breast anatomy, breast augmentation alone will give you the appearance of the breast tissue hanging off of the implant.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of mommy makeovers each year.  Look at the surgeon's website before and after photos to determine who will get you to your goals.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA