Mommy Makeover Alternatives

I am a mother of two who is need of a mommy makeover but I can not afford it and my credit sucks. Is there any other alternative other than saving and maybe in ten years? Thank you for your time.. Have a great day!

Mommy Makeover Alternatives

+3

Most PS, including myself do offer patient financing, however given the current economic climate, even this facility isn't enough to make cosmetic surgery within the reach of everyone.  As an avid practitioner of yoga, I would recommend this as a healthy alternative to body contouring.  Since starting, my core and extremities have really shaped up.  The practice doesn't require a lot of equipment and can be done whenever you can carve out some time from your family.  Although yoga can't improve everything, it's a great antidote for reuniting mind, body and spirit.  Many of my patients also practice and the results are impressive from their attitudes, healing times and preservation of their results.  I'd thoroughly recommend it.  Good luck.

Mommy Makeover cost considerations

+2

The combination procedures called 'Mommy Makeover' procedures can cost a considerable amount. Consider approaching a local teaching hospital with a plastic surgery residency program (most major metropolitan cities have one) and have the procedure done in the resident's clinic- the surgery will be done by trainee surgeons under the watchful eye of an experienced board-certified attending plastic surgeon. You might save some money this way.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Financing options

+2

Mommy makeovers can be an expensive proposition.  There is really no way to sugar coat that.   The first thing you have to do is take a hard look at your finances and financing options (if you get approved for a loan) and determine whether this make sense for you and your family's budget.  Plastic surgery is elective so you have to make sure this really makes sense.  Once you get past that point, options like CareCredit or talking to your local bank are your best options. 

You may find "discount" options out there, but I would warn you against going to a surgeon just because they have the lowest price.  Often, non-plastic surgeons will offer these types of surgery, despite not having the same training and credentials as a board certified plastic surgeon.  Make sure your surgeon is board certified or you may end up spending more in the long run to deal with complications or having to have a second surgeon "fix" what the non-plastic surgeon did. 

I wish you the best of luck. 

Jason Brett Lichten, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

+2

Unfortuntely, if you credit is not good it will be difficult to obtain financing from another source.  There are several financing companies available such as Care Credit, MedLoan etc. which deal with cosmetic surgery patients.  You may want to apply for credit with these companies to see where you stand.  In these difficult economic times, the days of free cosmetic surgery are over.  You may be able to have the surgery costs discounted if you use plastic surgeons in training at a  Plastic Surgery Training Program.  Contact the American Society of Plastic Surgeons at (800) 283-9600 to locate a program near you.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Seeking alternatives to expensive cosmetic plastic surgery procedures

+2

In some academic centers, plastic surgery is offered at significant reduction to patients if performed by a resident plastic surgeon in a plastic surgery training program under the supervision of an attending and experienced plastic surgeon. You may want to look into this as an option. Alternatively, if you have a compelling story some reality shows are willing to fund this, if you can convince the producers that your story is worth telling.

Paying for a mommy makeover

+1
Saving is probably your best bet. If there is one particular thing that bothers you most (saggy tummy skin or breast deflation) it may be a better option to address these areas separately as you can afford it. In the meantime, I recommend a good workout regimen focusing on the core (pilates, yoga, etc).

Grant Stevens, MD

Mommy Makeover

+1

A “mommy makeover” isn’t a specific procedure, but instead is a combination of surgeries that are individualized to meet your specific needs. So, for example, if your two pregnancies resulted in a loose abdomen and stretch marks, you may be interested in a tummy tuck, maybe combined with a breast lift or augmentation.

There’s no reason why you can’t have these procedures separately and still get great results, if that’s an easier solution for you financially. For smaller surgeries, it may be easier for you to find financing too, even without the greatest credit, since the cost for one procedure will be lower than a full mommy makeover.

Frank Campanile, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Surgery is Your Best Option to Reverse the Changes In Your Body that are Associated with Pregnancy

+1

There are certainly a variety of things that can be done to make yourself healthy, and improve the quality of your life. Unfortunately, I know of nothing that can reverse the changes in your body that are associated with pregnancy other than surgery. Breast sag, loss of breast volume, and the development of loose, saggy abdominal skin all require surgery to correct. In some cases, tightening abdominal muscles and removing fat deposits can occur with diet and exercise. In many cases, even these maneuvers are unsuccessful.
The Mommy Make-Over is an extensive procedure that is associated with significant expense. Its components do not meet the criteria for medical necessity and therefore, it’s not covered by insurance. It’s unfortunate, but not everyone who would benefit from a Mommy Make-Over can afford it. Before giving up, there are several alternatives that you should explore.
The vast majority of plastic surgery practices offer some type of financing program, and you should explore this alternative. If this is unsuccessful, seeking consultation at a teaching facility might help to lower your expense. Unfortunately, if you are unsuccessful, waiting and saving may be your only option.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Alternatives

+1

Your general shape can be improved with diet and exrecise. You can achieve significant abdominal wall tightening with core exercises

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover: cost and paying for it.

+1

A mommy makeover can be defined in any number of ways but traditionally it is defined as some type of abdominal contouring (usually a tummy tuck) and some type of breast enhancement procedure (usually a breast augmentation and breast lift).  A mommy makeover, therefore will require a facility fee, surgeons fee, implant cost, and anesthesiology fee for the above listed procedures.  As you can imagine this can be in the 15-20K range depending on the procedures selected, the area of the country, and the surgeon.  Your best best is to focus on diet and exercise as well as saving.  It may be that at some point the money that you have saved can be used as part of a surgeon financed procedure.

Dr Remus Repta 

Remus Repta, MD