I Had a Mommy Makeover 10 Wks Ago and 2wks Ago my Upper Stomach Started to Stick out and when I Sit I Have a Roll Why?

I also have a indention where I have some stretch marks what is causing this and will it go away or will i have to have a revision ?

Still early in the healing process

+1

The small bulge that you have of the lower abdomen is very common and not a big concern at this point.  It takes time to heal and there is nothing that can be done to speed this process along.  In general you are 50% of the way there at 6 weeks and 80% at three months.  Relax and give it time, get back to your normal activities and let your body heal.   Atlanta Plastic Surgeon Dr. Z

Bulge after Mommy Makeover

+1

It would be helpful to have pre and postop photos.  Without photos, I would say your bulge may be due to 1) loosening of sutures that were used to tighten your muscles, 2) thinckness of your fatty layer above your belly button, 3) fluid collection (seroma).  I would advise you to visit with your plastic surgeon so that she/he can examine you.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover: Tummy Tuck and Breast Surgery

+1

Your mommy makeover which includes a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and breast surgery (breast lift with or without breast implants) sounds like you may have either a fluid collection (seroma), unaddressed fat and/or weakening of the midline diastasis repair, or a combination of all of the above. I would encourage you to follow-up with your plastic surgeon to discuss what is going on. 

Dr. Trussler

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Upper abdominal bulge can be caused by a number of factors

+1

Posting photos would be helpful.  With that said there are a handful of different potential causes for an upper abdominal bulge appearing this far out after surgery including:

1) Pseudobursa/seroma

2) Excess fat

3) Weakening or insufficient tightening of the upper abdominal wall

Have your plastic surgeon take a look and try to differentiate among the different causes.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Bulge after tummy tuck.....?

+1

This new bulge occured 2 months after your procedure, If the sutures have failed (broken or stretched) then when you bear down like you are having a bowel movement, you should see this area enlarge, or increase in tenderness. One other possibility is a delayed Seroma, this is a collection of fluid, If this has been there a while and was not tapped it could have formed a scar capsule that will be visibly noticeable. Good Luck.

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

+1

Very hard to advise without a posted photo of the problem area. Best to see your surgeon ASAP. My guess is a failed muscle repair. 

Concerns about findings of abdomen 10 weeks after tummy tuck

+1

Photos could better illustrate the issues that you are concerned about. The new onset of a bulge in the upper abdomen could very well represent a breakage of part of the muscle repair which could occur as the result, for example, of intense coughing or even vomiting (particularly right after surgery). You definitely want to make your plastic surgeon aware of this issue.

The roll that you see when you sit up could represent a normal variant or occurrence after surgery or it could be represent submaximal amount of skin removed from the tummy tuck.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Mommy makeover - abdominoplasty

+1

Without seeing before and after photos and not knowing exactly what was done at surgery the best person to answer your questions is your surgeon who has the required information. If the roll appeared a few weeks after surgery as you say there is a possibility that some of the sutures placed to tighten the muscles loosened or popped. The only way to replace those sutures would be another surgery.

Only stretchmarks present below the level of the belly button before surgery can be removed by an abdominoplasty. The remaining stretchmarks are shifted down to a lower position. They may become less noticeable or more noticeable depending on the type of stretchmark. Those stretchmarks that have lost more skin components may widen and/or become indented as the skin is pulled by the surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Tummy Tuck Results?

+1

Thanks for the question.

Unfortunately, without pictures or direct physical examination it is not possible to make a diagnosis or give you good advice. If the changes you have noted our new, then it would be in your best interest to see your plastic surgeon ASAP  for  evaluation.   He/she is best equipped to help you without the need for speculation from online consultants.