I Want a Mommy Make over: Breast, Tummy and Inner Thighs - Should I Lose More Weight First?

I want a mommy make over breast, tummy and inner thighs~ but I want the fake breast look is that weird? I am a mom of 3 children 13, 11 and 5 and have lost 106 pounds On Jenny Craig~ I am now 165 and 5'8 looking at me do you think I should lose more weight before I do the three procedures? And who is the Best Surgeon in the O.C. to all three of these? I want to do this soon the End of July or Beg. of Aug.

Mommy makeover after large weight loss

+3

Congratulations on the weight loss. I usually say that getting to a weight you feel you can maintain is the most important part of the equation. Then looking at reasonable goals on the surgery itself would follow. On the procedure you have chosen I would also recommend you have them performed in stages to get your best possible result with less risk. 

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Body contouring after massive weight loss!

+3

Congrats on starting to reclaim your life. Given the fact that additional weight loss may further reduce the volume of your breasts, I would suggest that you get to your "dry fighting weight", prior to scheduling a fullo augmentation-mastopexy with high profile implants, which will give you the "OC fake look".

On the other hand, I doubt that any further weight loss will impact the abdominoplasty or medial thigh lift you are contemplating.  So rank the anatomical areas you dislike most and start with the procedures designed to improve them.  Consult with at least 3 board certified PS.  Good luck you will undoubtedly get the body you desire and deserve! 

Lavinia Chong, MD

Go for It Its time for the reward

+3

Congratulations on your sterling accomplishment. At 165 you look good. A breat lift and and an implant will give you that higher fuller "fake " look you desire. The tummy tuck will be dramatic and an inner thigh lift done well will give you the confidence you need to raise those 3 kids and be an attractive confident mother. Go for it.  Good luck.To find the best surgeon in your area ask the nursing staff of the local surgi-centers in your neighborhood. Every body looks like a superstar on a web site, a bill board or as a paid ad in a magazine. Your gem of a surgeon may just be the one who is not the flashiest or most publicised.

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Time for Mommy Makeover?

+2

Great job on losing the weight! You look like an excellent candidate for a mommy makeover. If you are comfortable with your weight where it is and feel you can maintain it, you are ready for a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. I would recommend that you see three surgeons to see who you feel comfortable with and be sure to look at before and after photos.

Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Mommy Makeover

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss! Based on the photos and information you have provided, you are a good candidate for a mommy makeover. I recommend that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the best and safest options for you. It may be safer for you to undergo these multiple procedures in two stages, rather than having them all done at one time. Prior to proceeding with surgery, it is in your best interest to reach your ideal weight to prevent the need for additional surgery.

+2

Ideal result follow ideal weight if you can achieve it. I bet you can. Great posting of photos. You will be so happy after the TT+Lift+Aug+inner thigh lift. 

Mommy makeover - tummy tuck and breast lift/breast implants

+2

You look like a good candidate for the procedures you want. With respect to weight loss it is more important that you are not morbidly obese and that your weight has been stable for some months before you have surgery than what your exact weight is. Morbidly obese patients have high complication rates so we prefer that they lose weight first. It is easier for your plastic surgeon to plan surgery and obtain a predictable result when your weight is stable. Holding back surgery because you want to lose 10 or 15 pounds doesn't make sense as long as your weight has been stable for some months.

In your case your best bets are probably abdominoplasty with the outer corners opened up (high lateral tension) to tighten the thighs at the same time and breast lift. The abdominal portion should be done first to accommodate for downward pull on the breasts from the abdominal tightening when designing the breast skin excision. Whether or not to do the breast implants at the same time is a subject for debate. I personally would recommend against that. As for the thighs I definitely would recommend against doing a thigh lift at the same time especially if the high lateral tension approach makes it unnecessary.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Mommy Makeover following a massive weight loss

+2

Congratulations on your considerable weight loss. If you are "happy" with your present weight and find this to be a reasonable level, then it would be quite reasonable and rewarding to proceed with surgery. If you were planning on losing some additional weight, it would be more prudent to do so prior to your "Mommy Makeover" as the results would be more accurate and longer lasting.

With the weight loss that you have obtained, there is circumferential laxity of the skin of your trunk. You stated that you were interested in a tummy tuck which would clearly be beneficial for you. Another optiion is a lower body lift which involves removal of skin circumferentially from around your trunk (and not just from the front as in a tummy tuck) and would provide you with an even more dramatic and balanced result though the cost would be higher.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Weight loss prior to body contouring

+2

Congratulations on losing the weight. It is a tremendous accomplishment. The answer to your question regarding the timing of your surgery is related to your goals. If you feel you have an additional 15 lbs to lose I would recommend achieving that goal before having the surgery.  The reason is your skin has lost much of its ability to tighten after weight loss. You would not go and buy a new wardrobe while planning to lose 15 lbs.

If you are at your goal weight than surgery is reasonable now. With the degree of skin laxity in the abdomen outer thigh and buttock I would discuss the option of a lower body lift to achieve the optimal contour. This will not only improve the appearance of your abdomen but also the outer thighs and buttock.

A breast lift will make a nice improvement. When you mention a "fake" look, I can only assume you want more upper pole fullness than a lift can deliver and so a lift with implants is most likely what you will want.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to help inform you of your options. The more education you have prior to your surgery the better decision you will make.

I hope this was helpful and good luck

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

+2

You have done a great job losing your weight.  A "mommy makeover" can be a great reward.  It looks to me like your weight is very reasonable for your height.  If you plan to lose more weight then I would do it before any surgery as further weight loss may negatively impact your result.  Typical procedures for someone like yourself would be a breast lift with or without implants depending on whether you would like larger breasts.  You look like a candidate for a lower body lift which would include the abdomen and outer thighs.  The inner thighs are usually better done at a separate time in my experience.  I do not have a recommendation for you as far as a doctor.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Kyllo, MD