Could This Mole Be Turning into a Skin Cancer? (photo)

I'm 28 y/o. My mole is growing very slowly. It has hair, sensation, sometimes acne & bleeds if acne is opened. Like the rest of my facial skin, the acne sometimes can get infected and swollen but never painful. This time was painful & oozing, as pictured. My GP thinks it's normal and that I am just paranoid, but I live in Australia where skin cancer is the second death cause. I was planning to get it removed once I graduate and start working. Do I need to get it removed now?

Bleeding mole

+1

To be safe, you should be carefully evaluated by a board certified dermatologist. Please use the ABCDE's as your guide for when to be concerned about moles: A for Asymmetry; B for Irregular Borders; C for Black or uneven Colors; D for diameter greater than a pencil eraser; and E for a growth that is Evolving or changing. Because of the size and location of your mole, it should be removed by excising a simple ellipse of skin. I then use a "layer closure" using both dissolving and non-dissolving sutures to give the best cosmetic result. The area then typically heals with a small, linear scar that is hardly visible. You can follow the video link below to learn more about identifying the changes in moles that are suspicious for skin cancer.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon