I Have a Mole That is on the Edge of my Eyelid. It is Raised About 0.5 Cm and is Almost 1 Cm Across?

I have a mole that is on the edge of my eyelid. It is raised about 0.5 cm and is almost 1 cm across. The ophthalmologist (ocuplastic surgeon) proposes taking a wedge out of my eyelid and sewing the sides back together. I have severe dry eyes and have had serious eye problems due to that. Would you have any other suggestions for dealing with this mole? Thanks for the web site. Tammy

Mole removal

+1

I would highly recommend that you see a board certified facial plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon regarding your concerns.  It would be very helpful to see a photo of the area.

Mole at edge of eye

+1

I have been removing these with FR without leaving any scar. The recovery is quick.

David Ellis MD FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon
Art of Facial Surgery

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon