Does this mole look suspicious? (photo)

I have a mole on the back of my neck, close to the bottom of my hairline. It sometimes itches and sometimes I feel a slight burning sensation. I am seeing a surgeon on March 27th to remove two other "suspicious" moles and she is gong to look at this mole (she hasn't seen it) to determine if it should be removed. I am quite stressed about it though and was hoping to get some opinions so I don't drive myself crazy with worry in the meantime.

Does this mole look suspicious?

+1
The warning signs of dangerous moles are usually all visual but to be safe, you should be carefully evaluated by a board certified dermatologist. Please use the ABCDE's as your guide for when to be concerned about moles: A for Asymmetry; B for Irregular Borders; C for Black or uneven Colors; D for diameter greater than a pencil eraser; and E for a growth that is Evolving or changing. If necessary, it is an extremely simple five minute procedure for a dermatologist to remove the mole using either a "punch" or a "shave" biopsy which typically leaves a minimal scar. The mole can then be checked microscopically for reassurance.
You can follow the video link to learn more about identifying the changes in moles that are suspicious for skin cancer.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Irregular Mole

+1
Any mole that is changing in color or looks "suspicious" should be examined by a board certified dermatologist.  Most time the mole will need to be removed and sent to the pathologist for examination to determine if it is skin cancer.  Please let me know the results of your examination.

Michele S. Green, MD

Mole on your neck

+1
Any mole that is irregular-looking and causes some symptoms should definitely be examined.  Please show it to the surgeon at your appointment.  Pathology will give a definite diagnosis.  Remember to use sun protection.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist