I had a mole removed from my cheek a month ago. My skin is bunching at the edges of the scar, Will it flatten with time? (photo)

The surgeon used dissolvable and non dissolvable sutures. At the removal of the non dissolvable sutures after six days I noticed That my skin was bunching at the edges and I have seen no improvement yet. I have kept the scar moist with vaseline. The surgeon told me That the dissolvable sutures should dissolve within

Be Patient

+1
You need to let you scar age a full year before knowing its long-term appearance.  There are many products available to help the healing process and improve the final look of your scar such as SkinMedica Scar Recovery Gel.

Bentonville Dermatologist

Scars usually will flatten with time

+1
it takes at least 6 weeks for swelling to go down around an incision.  It is too early to see your final results yet.

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon