Mole Removal? (photo)

Hi I have a mole on my upper lip and just wonted to know can it be removed or will it look worst and could I get it done on the NHS if not how much would it be to go private.

Removal of a mole from the upper lip

+1

The mole can be removed with surgical excision.  The key is to maintain the integrity and natural lines of the white roll on the upper lip margin.

Removal of a mole on the upper lip

+1

Depending on their size and location, moles on lips can be easily removed in the office by one of two methods. One is a "shave excision" where the mole is actually "shaved off" at a level just below the surface of the skin. The other is an excision with suture closure which uses both dissolving and non-dissolving sutures to give the best cosmetic result. Prices can vary significantly depending upon the method that is used. All methods of surgery will leave a scar but the trick is to minimize the scar using the proper technique.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole removal

+1

I would recommend that you see a board certified facial plastic surgeon or a dermatologist for an evaluation prior to doing any treatment.

Sam Naficy, MD