Mole removal on my cheek?

Hello, I'm just curious about mole removal. I have one on my cheek and I'm considering getting it removed. Its probably about 1 cm in diameter and is not bulging out of my skin. I'm only 16 and am curious about getting rid of it. How much will it cost? Will it leave a scar on my cheek? And how long does it take to heal? Could someone please answer these questions. Thank you :)

Removal of a facial mole

+2

Depending on their size and location, facial moles can be easily removed by one of two methods. One is a "shave excision" where the mole is actually "shaved off" at a level just below the surface of the skin. The other is an excision with suture closure which uses both dissolving and non-dissolving sutures to give the best cosmetic result. All methods of surgery will leave a scar but the trick is to minimize the scar using the proper technique.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/general-dermatology/wart-removal/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole removal

+2

Mole removal is normally very straight forward and does not require too much time. You will have a scar in the area of the mole however on the face this is usually not so obvious after some time as the scar fads if there are no complications. If the lesion is 1cm in diameter then the scar will probably be about 3cm in length when it is removed. It will take about 2 weeks to fully heal and maybe a little longer before 100% healed. Difficult for me to comment on cost as I am in a different country.

Regards

Stephen Salerno

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Anything can be done but the issue is why and what's the tissue and financial damage...

+1

a mole that's 1 cm in diameter is kind of large...will most likely need to be cut out and sewn together...will leave a scar...how bad can range from hardly noticeable to not very appealing...the cost also varies considerably depending on the doctor and the area of the country...I'd think twice about letting my kid have a normal mole of this size removed unless there was a really good reason...good luck on your quest...hope you make the decision that's right for you