Mole Removal Without Biopsy?

I had 4 moles removed 6 months ago. Doctor was numbed them then cut them off. I forgot to ask about biopsy and she didnt say anything as well.She removed 2 flat and 2 raised.then I noticed a black dot from raised one a couple of months ago. My moles were all regular. They were round, one color and smaller than a pencil eraser. Should I worry about this black dot now? thanks in advance

Mole removal of a dark brown raised mole

+1

The black dot may represent recurrence of the mole in the scar.  I would speak to your surgeon and discuss whether they feel that it is appropriate to re-excise the scar. In my Los Angeles office, I would do the reexcision under local anesthesia.

Mole removal

+1

I would highly recommend that you call your physician to find out the results of the biopsies.  Mention to the physician that there is pigment returning at the site of the biopsy. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Mole removal without pathology results

+1
Firstly, ask your doctor what the pathology results were for your moles. It is unusual to remove moles without sendind them to the labs. Also, discuss the new black lesion ans consider a punch biopsy.

Dina D. Strachan, MD

Mole Reexcision

+1

The best advice would be to have the area of question reexcised and sent to pathology.  That way the lesion is removed and you are not worried about the nature of the growths.