Mole Removal Redness?

Hello, I'm 17 years old about six months ago i had a mole removal. I was happy because i hated it. It was on my chick, it wasn't that big but still i wanted it remove. So now i still have a red mark, and i don't know if i should go to a doctor or wait. It is a red-pink color and im afraid I'll have a big scar. Thanks

Mole removal

+2

It is common for there to be redness after a procedure like this.  The redness should continue to improve.  

Persistent redness after mole removal

+2

Persistent redness after skin surgery, such as mole removal, is not uncommon, especially in peopel with fair skin.  The redness should slowly resolve over several months.  Sometimes intensed pulsed light (IPL) treatment can help it resolve faster  Good luck.

Dina D. Strachan, MD

Redness after mole removal

+1

Redness is a predictable part of healing and will subside with time.  If the redness bothers you, you may consider undergoing a pulsed dye laser treatment to improve the redness. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Mole removal

+1

There is usually redness after a procedure such as mole removal.  It typically takes 1-4 months to improve.

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist