Mole Removal in a Sensitive Spot, But Not Harmful, Is It Better To Remove (photo)?

I have a mole at my throat. I was born with it, and it hasn't really changed. My Doctor said that it isn't really dangerous; she said it might be better to get it removed just in case, but that because the placement is pretty sensitive it would have to be done by a surgeon. The appearance doesn't really bother me, and I wouldn't mind a scar. I am thinking of getting it removed because of the small potential it won't remain benign & because it is somewhat sensitive. Is it better to remove it?

Mole removal

+1

A complete surgical excision may be favorable.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Mole removal for a big mole on the neck what is the best method

+1

I would get the mole removed through excision. The mole that you have is oriented against relaxed lines. This could be a big excision if you follow this rule. You could remove this piece meal through serial excisions. You would take out 30-50% each time until it is gone. This would keep the scar smaller. I would send the some excisions for a biopsy diagnosis to be sure and follow the area forever.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mole Removal in a Sensitive Spot

+1

Moles that you are born with have a  low risk of turning bad but cosmetically can be very noticeable and therefore are usually removed by excision under local anesthesia with minimal discomfort for roughly $750 for one your size.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon