Mole Removal Under Eye? (photo)

I have a mole about 1 inch below my right eye. I went to my dermatologist and she told me stitching it up would be the best choice as it would not grow back. Since the mole is a bit close to my eyelid, would my face look different after? since stitching up means pushing skin together, . My biggest concern is having my face slightly altered or changed in some way even after the stitches are removed. (I would not mind if it is a tiny change but not a big change that'll make me look really different)

Mole removal

+1

It appears that you may have a good outcome with having the mole completely surgically excised.  I would recommend that you see a facial plastic surgeon or a dermatologic surgeon for an evaluation and possible procedure.

Mole removal on the eyelid

+1

Your eyelid mole can be easily removed by one of two methods: a shave excision or an excision with suture closure. Dermatologic surgeons typically do both procedures expertly and can decide which would be best for your particular mole. A shave excision is a procedure where the mole is actually "shaved off" at a level just below the surface of the skin. The other method is an excision with suture closure. Either method of surgery will leave a scar but the trick is to minimize the scar using the proper technique.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole removal near the eyes

+1

Excision of the mole is easy and straight forward under local anesthesia for roughly $350.  The only change you will see is that you look so much better without that ugly mole. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole removal can be done with minimal scarring

+1

The level of change in you face and scarring has to do with the laxity of your skin and the amount of tissue that is removed.  From the photo it appears that the mole is small and would not likely cause much of a change in your face.  The only way to know this is to examine the area.  I do many of these procedure which can be seen on my website under mole removal.

Good luck!

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon

YES

+1

Yes it will distort the lower eyelid a little if not done correctly. If a plastic surgeon performs the procedure he/she could rotate some skin in from the cheek (flap) so that there is minimal tension on the lower lid. I would just do a small elliptical excision of the area and then massage out any mild ectropian that you may have temporarily

Joshua B. Hyman, MD

Mole removal under eye

+1

Here's the thing: yes, you will look slightly different and altered. The reason is that something is being removed, and there has to be a way to close it. Any dermatologist wants it to look as good as possible, but yes, you will see something there, albeit tiny. But it is impossible to remove something like this (not to mention you appear to have a small scar there as well) and have absolutely no mark left behind. Post-care will be extremely important and help minimize the scarring too.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD