What is the Cost of Mole Removal for the Face?

I have a mole in the center of my nose. I've had it since I was very young. I want to have it removed, but I'm worried about the cost. Could someone tell me approximately how much mole removal on this area would cost?

Cosmetic mole removal

+2

Benign or normal moles on the face are often best removed by shave removal where the mole is removed by shaving it flat with the skin. This usually leaves the best appearance after the removal; however, if the mole is dark, there may be residual color after the removal. For pink or flesh colored moles or nevi, the shave removal is the easiest to heal from and leaves minimal scar or change. The mole may gradually grow back with time (years) but the shave removal may be repeated. I charge $175 for this service.

Charlotte Dermatologist

Cost of Mole Removal for the Face

+1
The cost of mole removal like other cosmetic surgery varies considerably across the country and even in the same area. South Florida tends to have lower fees then more expensive areas such as New York or Los Angeles. We charge starting at $150 for mole removal. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Mole removal cost

+1

The cost of mole removal varies on the mole location and size and the technique involved, e.g. shave excision vs excision with sutures.  The typical range is $150-350.  Best to get a consultation to assess the mole and discuss removal options.

Anatoli Freiman, MD, FRCPC

Toronto Dermatology Centre

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Cost of Mole Removal of the Face.

+1

To shave the mole flat is roughly $175 on the nose or $350 to excise it or punch graft it. It is so easy to get removed and all done with just a tiny pinprick of anesthesia which doesn't hurt and no down time. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Cost of mole removal

+1

The cost of mole removal is quite variable, depending on who performs the procedure (e.g. dermatologist or plastic surgeon vs. a non-specialist), location and size of the mole, whether the mole can be shaved off or whether sutures are required. A typical cost would be $150-$350. Most physicians will reduce the cost if multiple moles are being removed at the same time.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon