How Much Does Mole Removal Cost for Multiple Moles?

I got 4 moles. 2 on the nose, 1 below the eye and 1 on the cheek. How much would it cost to remove these?

They affect my self-esteem. My mom has insurance from her work; will insurance cover mole removals? I only have $400. Please help. I need to know if that's enough.

Cost of Multiple Facial Moles.

+1

Most derm surgeons will be happy to help patients out with financial concerns for multiple mole removals. Usually it is $175 each to shave off and $250-350 each to excise for facial moles but I think your $400 would be just fine. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole removal

+1

If your moles are bleeding painful or otherwise causing you problems then most insurances will cover some or all of the costs for removal. If your concern is simply that they bother you cosmetically, then it will be at your cost. There are several ways to remove moles such as laser, shave removal, or excision with stitches and your dermatologist will decide with you which is best and consider your budget. By the way, if your dermatologist has any concerns about the diagnosis or nature of the mole then insurance will cover the removal cost in most cases.

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist