Cost and Duration of Mole Removal?

I live in Houston, and do not have insurance. I would like to get my mole removed. What should I expect in terms of cost (good price to pay) and duration of mole removal procedure?

Cost and Duration of Mole Removal

+1
The cost of mole removal like other cosmetic surgery varies considerably across the country and even in the same area. South Florida tends to have lower fees then more expensive areas such as New York or Los Angeles. We charge starting at $150 for mole removal.

The time for mole removal varies based on the experience and expertise of the physician, and the complexity of the case.

Cost & Duration of Mole Removal

+1

The cost of mole removal depends on who is performing it (dermatologist, plastic surgeon or GP), size of the mole, location of the mole, whether sutures are required, and how high-end the practice is (e.g. what part of town its in, how nice the office looks/overhead). The cost of removing 1 mole can range anywhere from $150-300. Typically there is a discount for removing multiple moles at the same time. It typically takes between 5-15 minutes to remove a mole.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon