Cost to Get Mole Removed?

I really want to get my mole removed. How much will it cost? If it's cancerous, how would I know? Would it cost more?

Cost of Mole Removal

+1

Moles typically cost between $500 to $1000 to remove with higher fees being associated for moles removed by a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon on a mole on the face and lesser fees being for moles removed on the body, generally speaking.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mole Removal Cost Varies

+1

The cost for mole removal varies depending on the area of country and expetise.  It generally ranges from $250 to $1000,

Generally, an experienced surgeon can determine upon evaluation if a mole is likely to be benign or malignant.  However, it is best to be safe and send all to the lab for testing.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

All moles Are Sent To Pathology

+1

The vast majority of time, we can tell if a mole is cancerous, atypical or totally benign. The type of excision would depend whether we thought it waws benign of malignant. If we feel a mole might be malignant we try our darndest to get around and go deeper than the mole. I personally refer all melanomas, except for the most superficial, to a general surgeon ( with vast experience in dealing with melanoma) or plastic surgeon in younger people or facial melanomas.

Even though we can usually tell by sight whether a mole is benign or malignant ALL specimens are sent to the pathology lab.

Cost for excision of a mole should run around $125. Pathology expenses would be billed separately by the laboratory. A melanoma would be the same for the initial expense. However, surgery for total excision would be far, far more, especially if it required testing.

Hope that helps.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist