Mole Removal On Chin. Keloid Prone

I have a raised mole at my chin. Sometimes it itch and there are hair growing out from it. I noticed it is getting bigger. I am considering removing it but I am keloid prone. What type of surgery should I consider to remove the mole so as to minimize the keloid chance? If keloid occurs, can steroid injection reduce the keloid totally?

Keloids on the the face are extremely uncommon following simple excision.

I have removed 100's of moles on the chin with simple excision over the past 30 years.  I don't beleive any of them have turned into a keloid scar.  Keloids are most common on the chest and shoulders.  Keloids are uncommon on the face.  If a skilled plastic surgeon or dermatologic surgeon removes the mole, I believe there is an excellent chance it will not keloid.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon