Mole Removal on the Bikini Line?

I have a mole a little bigger than a pencil head. It's very unattractive, considering where it is, the bikini line. I want to get it removed, but i've heard two stories. Some say it will leave scars, and a scar on my bikini would be just as unattractive. However, I want to get it removed as simple as possible. Does anyone know if it will leave a scar and how big that scar may be? And does anyone know a simple way I can get it removed by? Thanx.

Mole removal

+1

I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for an evaluation and to discuss possible treatment options. 

Pedunculated

+1

Oftentimes, moles in this location are pedunculated which means that they are polypoid or hanging above the skin. This can be treated quite easily by cutting the mole at skin level and using a fine, cosmetic type suture to sew the wound.

This does not mean that there will be not be a scar.Whenever the dermis portion of the skin is traversed there will be a scar of some sort. However, the scar can be quite minimal.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist