Pain and Bleeding from at Home Mole Removal?

I'm interested in trying mole removal at home by myself using the scissors. Will it be very painful? I'm more interested in knowing about the bleeding.

Mole removal

+1

I would not recommend anyone try to removal a mole on themselves.  Please see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.   

Hope You Are Kidding

+1

I hope you are kidding.

This would be kinda like me calling up the fire department and telling them I'm planning to make a big bonfire in my backyard and asking whether they would recommend I use a match or a lighter to set it.

Besides the potential bleeding, and anticipated poor cosmetic result, your specimen should be sent to a pathology lab. Few labs ( if any) will accept specimens from lay people.

If cost is an issue, I would call around to see which dermatologist or plastic surgeon would charge you the least. Alternatively, if your city hosts a free clinic, I would schedule an appointment there.

You might write your Congressman to amend the very ill-advised CLIA 89 bill which prevents the uninsured from having their slides interpretted by their dermatologist ( in most cases) thereby tripling the cost of the procedure.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist