Re Mole Removal and Time Inbetween Appointments?

Had biopsy on 12-4 and advised on 12-16 that it was a mole in the severe classification. Appointment scheduled to remove on 1-17-2013. Should I be concerned about the one month wait. Had 5 prior procedures with the basic cell carcinoma and see the dermatologist at the VA hospital every 6 months. Thank you.

Re excision of a positive mole biopsy

+1

The interval should be fine. If you are concerned, kindly ask the staff at the office to place you in an earlier spot or on a waitlist for an earlier spot. 

Mole removal and time in between appointments

+1

When a follow-up procedure needs to be done, I usually suggest somewhere between 2-4 weeks, depending on everyone's schedules. The 6 week window probably has to do with when the office is closed for the holidays. It should be just fine to wait until mid January for the follow-up procedure.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD