Mole (Nevi) Removal Using Laser Treatment, Didn't Work, Other Options?

I had some moles removed from my face using laser methodology but no change whatsoever . Its been 20 odd days only colour changed from dark blue to brownish. What should i be doing. Should i refer to another dermatologist, perhaps more popular and famous one

Mole removal

+1

I would highly recommend that you see a board certified dermatologist for and evaluation of your moles.  

Lasers should NOT be used for removing moles

+1

I feel that it is never appropriate to use a laser as your primary treatment for removing a mole. Regardless of how "benign" a mole may appear, a biopsy may still reveal it to be atypical. There are many ways to surgically remove a mole with a minimal scar and have tissue to send for microscopic examination which is the only way to ensure that it was benign. Using a laser to improve the appearance of a mole will alter its look and make it more difficult to observe for precancerous changes in the future.

Depending on their size and location, facial moles can be easily removed by one of two methods. One is a "shave excision" where the mole is actually "shaved off" at a level just below the surface of the skin. The other is an excision with suture closure which using both dissolving and non-dissolving sutures to give the best cosmetic result.  Dermatologic surgeons, not plastic surgeons, typically do both procedures expertly and can decide which would be best for your particular mole. All methods of surgery will leave a scar but the trick is to minimize the scar using the proper technique.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon