Mole excision post care in more details?

Hi. Its been over two weeks since my op. After eleven days my stitches were removed and only after exactly two weeks I removed my dressing. Scab formed on the wound but I probably made a mistake putting some vaseline on which resulted in what I suspect a scab dissolving causing bit of liquid blood from the wound. I have read somewhere online that while scab is still there no ointment should be used and I just feel every day delayed might cause scarring.Can I wash the scab off and apply vaseline?

Post care for a mole removal

+1

You actually don't want a scab or crusts of blood to form at all while a site is healing. When this occurs, new skin will form under this, so that when the scab or crust eventually does come off, you will have a scar or a divet. To properly care for a removal site you need to keep it clean (I personally recommend 1/2 water and 1/2 hydrogen peroxide) and then goop it up with Vaseline or Polysporin. Keep it this way until new pink skin is forming.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."