Molar Broke in Half and the Worst Part is That It's a Smile Tooth! Can It Be Repaired?

Needing a root canal, my former dentist suggest to fill a tooth instead to save money. After a few years, my molar next to my eye tooth has broken in half. It looks like most of the front part of the tooth (what one would see if I smiled) is gone, while the back of the tooth is intact. I have no idea how to deal with this. I have a dental appointment on Tuesday, but I fear that he will have to remove the tooth, as oppose to fixing it. Can something like this be repaired?

+1

It sounds like you mean the premolar, which is the tooth next to the canine. This tooth is in the esthetic zone. In this age of dentistry, most teeth can be saved, some just needing more effort than others. Your dentist should be able to choose a restoration that fulfills both the esthetic and functional needs of that particular tooth. 

Washington DC Cosmetic Dentist