Moisturizing Product to Use After Accutane?

My skin is peeling a little but more annoyingly, it is often very tight, even though I am moisturizing it. I have fine wrinkles now where I smile if I do not moisturize several times a day.

Is there a particular cream I can use to avoid this that will moisturize my skin all day and help prevent this?

Use moisturizer generously while on Accutane

+1

Accutane dries the skin and lips. As a person with a history of acne, and probably oily skin, you may not be accustomed to using a rich, heavy moisturizer. Cetaphil and Cerave cleansers and moisturizers are good choices (they are available in most drug stores). Also avoid hot water. Aquaphor or Cortibalm are good choices for the lips.

Web reference: http://www.aglowdermatology.com

Try Aquaphor for your lips, and Cerave cream for your face.

+1

Dry lips and dry skin are the most common Accutane complaints. Try Aquaphor for your iips and Cerave cream (not the lotion) for your face. You can use these multiple times every day. That should help quite a bit.

Hope this helps!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.