Is Moisturizer with Salicylic Acid Safe to Use One Month After Rhinoplasty?

I had Septorhinoplasty almost 5.5 weeks ago. After 4 weeks, I started using a moisturizer (called Garnier Long-lasting shine control). I applied too much I think tonite--there was a slight burning sensation on the bridge of my nose. I looked up the ingredients online--turns out there is a small amount of salicylic acid in it (NOT advertised on the box/container). Could this change the result, say by widening my narrowed bridge or causing the hump to return? Is it safe to use? Should I switch?

Salicylic moisturizer safe one month after rhinoplasty

+2

The salicylic acid used in cosmetics and skin moisturizer is there as an exfoliant to soften the skin, open pores and prevent breakouts. It may be just the thing for your skin after your rhinoplasty and should be safe to use.

peterejohnsonmd

Your moisturizer should be fine

+1

It should be fine to use your moisturizer with salicylic acid.  However, if you are looking for something new you might consult with a dermatologist.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Moisturizer with Salicylic Acid 6 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

Salicylic acid after rhinoplasty should not cause any problems. Having said that, consult with your surgeon or your dermatologist because you did experience burning after application of this moisturizer.