Tiny Bump Left After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

It has been two years post op since my rhinoplasty and I love the results; however, a tiny bump has ben left over that my doctor says is cartiledge. I noticed it from fairly early on. I am scared to get a revision performed but this seems like a relatively simple procedure compared to most revisions and I know this bump will always bother me if I do nothing. If you were my original surgeon, how confident would you be in your ability to perform a revision for this problem? (aka should I do it)

Rhinoplasty recovery

+1

Dear 1017anon,

• You have 2 options: a filler to hide the bump, or a small revision procedure
  • I can't tell you which one is better without an exam, though
  • Either one you pick, it will look good, this is just a discussion you should have with your surgeon
  • It looks like a great rhinoplasty otherwise

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Bump after rhinoplasty

+1

Agree with Dr Fleming. A relatively minor revision will correct this small imperfection. Recovery should be quick.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump 2 Years after Rhinoplasty

+1

I will not tell you what to do, but you can eliminate the bump with a limited procedure. You are happy with the results of your previous surgery so I would suggest that you have your revision done by that surgeon.

You may be a candidate for a non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure to camouflage the small bump on your bridge after Rhinoplasty.

+1

I see your concern, and I could not be certain of your candidacy for nasal injections without meeting you. It's possible to improve or minimize the appearance of your bump by adding filler to the sloped area above the small bump.

My experience is strictly with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Small residual bump after rhinoplasty

+1

Your photo showed a small bump which most likely correspond to the cartilage. This is a fairly simple and straight forward revision. Most of the time, the revision is performed under local or sedation. I usually use small needle tip to shave it off but your surgeon may have different preference or technique. In any case, if this bothers you significantly and revision is fairly simple then you should seriously consider it.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Revision rhinoplasty for tiny bump on bridge

+1

This is a simple procedure that your original surgeon can do. It involves local anesthesia and shaving off the tiny bump and doing nothing else. You should have a good result from your original surgeon.