I have fractures in maxiillary sinus and an orbital fracture. How long should I take off for work as a tow truck driver?

I had a bike accident. Face first into ground.

Medical Exam

+1
Based on the details in your question, I assume you have been evaluated by a physician.  If you have and they have cleared you and said that you don't need an operation to repair said fractures, then I usually recommend 2 weeks of no strenuous activity and no heavy lifting.  Soft diet x 2 weeks and most importantly, no nose blowing.  With an orbital blowout fracture, you can blow air into your eye socket from your nose/sinus and in rare instances, this can be disastrous.  Use over-the-counter saline spray to to wash out the nose instead of blowing. If you haven't been evaluated by a surgeon with expertise treating facial trauma (facial plastic surgery, general plastic surgery), I would recommend following up with someone to make sure after the swelling goes down, you don't end up with a sunken in eye (enophthalmos) or double vision (diplopia).

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

See an oculoplastic specialist for orbital fracture

+1
You should see an ophthalmologist or oculoplastic specialist for evaluation of the orbital fracture and determine treatment, if any, is required and what restrictions you may have from work, etc.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon