Moderate Plus Vs High Profile (Style 45) For my Frame? (photo)

Many say for Natural go w/ MP for regular/bigger framed individuals, & HP's more for smaller/narrower frames? Many like the HP for fuller look, but after a few yrs & gravity takes place, u don't look like u still have a flat chest & round melons at the bottom. What would u suggest for some1 who is 5'8 175 lbs 36A like a C/small D? Had 2 children both 2 c-sections, & had my 2nd in May, I have about 30 lbs Im trying to lose, either way always had small chest & have consulted, just need opinions.

High Profile Implants Do Not Replace Lift

+1

Your photograph shows that your breasts are low on the chest wall.  You are focused on the size and type of implant when you really need to consider a lift.  You need your breast tissue and nipple elevated as well as the implant placed retro-pectoral high on the chest wall.  This will result in upper pole fullness and the young, perky look you desire.  The lift is more important than the type of implant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Sizing Of The Implants Before The Breast Augmentation

+1

Advising patients on implants sizes is not possible without an in-person evaluation and consultation.

The best approach is to try different sizes when consulting with your surgeon while wearing a tight shirt; this way you will be able to have a fair idea of what you would fit best on you.

Moreover, the 3D Morphing Software could be of an additional help to provide you with a fair projection of what your results would look like after the surgery (not a 100% exact reproduction).

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Getting sized for breast implants can be tricky and requires a consultation.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photo.

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems at first thought. It requires a full consultation with detailed questions to see exactly what your goals are, short and long term. It also requires precise measurements of your current breast dimensions, the dimensions of your chest wall, as well as preoperative photography, standard or 3D imaging.

To see what the best options are for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

You need to be seen and measured. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Implant size selection

+1

Selecting an implant size is dependent on patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height) as well as patients' wishes. It is hard to give you a recommendation without examining you.   You should try some sizers and talk with your plastic surgeon.  Please remember that implant cc volume does not correlate with cup sizes. Also, try to look at pre and postop photos that reflect your body size and desired look.  Best of luck.

Dr. Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

3D imaging helps to determine breast implant size and style

+1

There are many things that you need to consider when picking a breast implant style and size.  It is important to understand how much projection you desire, what final volume or cup size you desire and finally what is the correct base diameter for your body type.   These can be determined during an examination.  In addition there are new 3D imaging systems that allow you to determine prior to surgery the ideal size and shape of implant.   Our patients find that this type of imaging is very useful and relieves most of the anxiety about choosing implant size and styles.   

Moderate profile implants are generally much more natural than high profile implants

+1

Thank you for your question. In the overwhelming majority of cases, I recommend staying away from high profile implants unless the patient has a narrow chest and wants a lot of projection and does not care about having a shelf-like appearance on the upper pole of their breasts.  The scar tissue around the implant will make the implant more spherical that what it looks like sitting on a counter. The more spherical the implant starts out, the more spherical it will look like in the future. Many high profile implants wind up looking like tennis balls.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Moderate Plus Vs High Profile (Style 45) For my Frame?

+1

Continue losing the 30 pounds than seek implants. I recommend in the 450 cc range but it is just a guess since I have never in person examined you. Best to seek many in person evaluations. 

Choosing a breast size

+1

I agree with much of what has already been said.  In my practice, we have a sizing kit that would allow you to try different sizes in your bra and see what you think looks good .  Then I would have you select a photo of a topless woman that has the size you find attractive.  I would take careful measurements of your breasts and then pick the implant style that would give you the look you desired. 

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Profile

+1

The differences for any given volume in profile are minimal and I believe too big an emphasis is placed on this aspect. Regardless patients are not in a position to understand the technical details of the surgery. I agree with the other responses that it is the surgeon's job to know which implant to use. For a 36" bra, I use moderate plus in most cases.

Michael Hueneke, MD

How to choose proper breast implants

+1

There is not a simple rule to choose a breast implant. As a patient, you should concentrate on what size and shape that you would like to achieve. Your surgeon should have proper training, experience and skill to choose the proper implant size and shape, as well as proper technique to achieve the look that you desire. The same implant shape and style can give completely different look in two different patients. There are specific measurements that the surgeon can take of your particular anatomy to guide in implant choice. But ultimately, there is no substitute for experience and track record of the surgeon in creating the look that you want. Your surgeon should carefully listen to your desired, and then be able to explain to you how he will choose the size and style of the implant.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon