Moderate Plus or High Profile For Natural Look? B to D Cup. (photo)

Im torn between which profile to go with. First off im wanting a natural look meaning a more natural slope not the "fake boob" look. I also want to be big a D atleast. 5'5 125lbs full A small B Bwd with tape 14cm with tool 13.3 My choices are silicone allergan 457 mod+(13.7) or 550 hp(13.5) I want to be big and natural looking with no huge gap! I dont know if I could get a natural result with hp? Would greatly appreciate any input! Thank you.

Breast augmentation

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say what would be best for you. Your anatomy really limits you to what you can have done.  This is all reviewed during an exam and a discussion of the patient's goals as well is critical.  Good luck

Surgeons Vary in the Process

+1

Hi there-

You will undoubtedly find that there is great variability in the process for the selection of a breast implant among plastic surgeons...

In my opinion, the choice of implant is so important to the outcome, and the patient's satisfaction so important, that I don't believe it is responsible to give you recommendations without the benefit of a consultation and an examination.

For these reasons, I really believe that the very best thing I could do for you is help you understand that if your goal is to be safe and happy with your outcome, the only choice you really need worry about is the choice of the surgeon you allow to operate on you.

If you make this choice well, you should be able to trust that they can guide you along the path to a smooth, safe recovery and beautiful outcome. 

How to do this well? Please read this:

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Best size and contour implant for a natural look

+1

first, realize that a 500 cc implant is a large implant.  also what is your chest size ? 34.   36  this affects the volume and cup size..   volume and base diameter are not interchangal450 cc is the same volume in mod. or hi profile  your natural look will also depend on position of implant and looseness of your skin

Breast Implant Size and Profile - what leads to a natural breast?

+1

Choosing the right implant for each patient is one of the key decisions that needs to be made with you.  This is why you choose an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  There are many factors in that choice:

1) The actual breast volume/ bra size that the patients wants to finish with.  ( Implants in a bra help to demonstrate the size that would make you happy.)

2) The height, weight, and chest wall measurements ( circumference, breast foot plate)

3) The actual amount of breast volume you already have - and the shape ( amoutn of sag)

4) How much of a bubble - (Superior fullness) - or artifical look that you want.

Generally high profiles almost always look more artificial than flatter profiles.

Richard Greco, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Impossible

+1

Jamie,

Many patients come to my office requesting a "natural" looking breast augmentation.  After discerning their goals on size "natural" is sometimes taken out of the conversation.  For you, augmenting from a small B to a D or larger will be very noticeable and therefore not all that natural looking, especially if you choose a high profile implant.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Breast implant style

+1

In my practice I use a temporary sizer in the operating room to finalize the exact volume of implant I want to give the look you are going for.  I think deciding on an exact size of implant before surgery is too inaccurate.  Then, based upon the base width of the breast I select a high, moderate or low profile implant.  The profile of implant used is not a decision I think the patient need to be involved with because only one will fit well for a given volume.  My recommendation is for you to see an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and go with his/her advise.  

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

550 cc breast implants are too big for most women.

+1

Hi.  I wrote this article about a year ago, and many women have found it helpful.  The basic message is:  just make sure your surgeon really understands the look you want, and then let the surgeon worry about which is the best implant.

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Please send your pictures without bra

+1

Dr.Rand has answered your question well and the only thing I would add is that breast augmentation results will depend on your breast tissue,implant size and your surgeons skill. If you go bigger than your breast's soft tissue capacity,you will look fake no matter what is the shape of the implant

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size?

+1

Communication with your plastic surgeon will be key to achieving the results you are looking for.

Unfortunately, the use of words such as “big and natural” means different things to different people. In other words, what you consider to be natural may not be what your plastic surgeon considers to be natural looking.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

In my practice I use goal pictures to communicate with patients.  With this technique patients are able to demonstrate what they are trying to achieve and what type of looks they do not like as well. 
I also use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

High vs moderate plus profile implants for breast augmentation

+1

There are several "profiles" available in terms of breast implants.  What this refers to is the relative projection off of the chest wall for a given diameter of breast implant.  The higher the profile, the greater the volume of implant for a given diameter.  The primary choices for both Mentor and Allergan implants are moderate, moderate plus, and high profile.  There are actually even higher implants available, if needed (see Allergan style 45 implants).

As a general rule, the higher the profile the implant the less "natural" the breast will look ( in my opinion).  This rule is a corollary to "the larger the implant, the faker the breast appears."    Your question states that you wish to be "big" and also "natural."  These two choices are mutually exclusive;  you cannot achieve both.  I would therefore recommend that you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and expectations in detail.  You will need to refine your goals in order to meet you expectations.  Good luck.

Eric T. Emerson, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon